WHY!?!?!?!

Why do people feel the need to touch a complete strangers child? It drives me crazier then anything in this world. We were eating at Denny's the other morning and without even acknowledging us as parents, this older man proceeds to grab my daughters face. I had a moment where time stopped and i jumped over the table and cut his arms off with the nearest blunt object lol then when I came to I just didnt know how to react. I wanted to tell him get the f*ck away from my child but with him being old I just laughed it off. Im more tolerant of people when the touch her on the leg or arm but really, do people just come up to you and touch you? NO? didnt think so, so why do people feel compelled to do this? How do yall react to people touching your child or getting in their personal space?

Comments

• I've heard of people doing this but I've never had anyone that was a stranger touch my son. It sounds so bizarre. I also never had any strangers touch my belly when I was preggo either. Lol maybe I'm just really unapproachable.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It doesn't bother me. Alot of hispanics have this belief that if you stare at a baby and don't touch them you could give them the evil eye, maybe that's why I am more tolerant but I really don't see the problem MOST OF THE TIME. I could see certain instances where it might bother me though
  • Yep I agree with @excitedforoctober but I still wouldn't want someone to touch my kids face! With my daughter I had a lot of random people come up to her as a baby and just speak Spanish to her and Call her beautiful and touch her arm or head
  • edited February 2013
    I don't usually mind either. One time I even asked an elderly woman at the grocery store if she wanted to hold my 1 week old...idk why something just compelled me to ask her. She lit up like a Christmas tree! I didn't know it at the time, but my husband later told me that her husband was crying & telling him thank you, that she loves babies & just found out she has cancer!

Of course it's not usually like that though, but I just think babies are such a blessing that it really blesses other ppl to see & touch them. Especially older ppl who probably don't ever get to see a baby anymore ...just my opinion though! :)
  • Im w/ @ExcitedForOctober most hispanic have that believe....i would be weirded out if they grab on my kids legs or sum random place other than there face or arm.....u never know wat kind of ppl r out there.....i once almost had sumone pick up my son at Target.....im like "no bi&#% u aint gona do that on my watch.." Lmaooo then she.slowly walked away!
  • edited February 2013
    I think i should stop then lol. I always run into the cutest kids and its so hard to not be able to at least touch their hair lol. (I sound weird i know) But then again, Im hispanic and we have the believe of the evil eye, so when i see a kid id really want to hug or something, i just ask the mother if i can touch their face or something.

And for a weird reason, i always run into toddlers that are falling as walking close to them... and i help them up cause most of them start crying.
  • I don't like it I try not be rude but still bothers me cause I don't know where their hands have been plus do I walk up to them and touch their face. Just cause she's baby and can't say to stop doesn't mean she doesn't deserve her personal space.
  • Half my family is Hispanic so im understanding of the ojo stigma but every Hispanic that has touch her in her 16 mths of living have either asked or touch arm leg area which really doesn't bug me much but the touching of face and hands especially drives me crazy or when you full out ignore the fact that im right there and your touching all over her without me at least smiling at you lol
  • I don't love it, but I'm overly sensitive about germs especially during this nasty flu season, and I have a baby who is not into strangers talking to him much less touching him. ;-)
  • People do that to my boys all the time!!! Literally last night at wal mart my 1yo had one of those valentine dolls that you push the toe and they dance and sing and this woman came up to him and touched him and got the doll from him and started dancing in the middle of the store!! Lol then gave it back to him and told him how cute he was!! Here in texas everyone touches and hugs my boys. It doesn't bother me much, they are usually older.