Tricks to get baby to sit?

It's taking her a long time to learn it.

Comments

• How old is she? remember all babies learn at different paces
  • Also remember that she needs to gain muscular strength and coordination. She may not be physically ready yet.
  • edited February 2013
    How do I help her develop that? She can lift her head in neck as if she's trying to lean into sitting position, that's about it. @Mijita

I know.... she's 6 months @nameless
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2013
    Does she have a bumbo seat those are good with helping them
  • My daughter didn't sit by herself until 8-9 months. My son was sitting up by 3 months. So she just may not be ready yet A bumbo seat is good just make sure you don't put it on a high area like parents have been doing and letting their kids fall lol.
  • Bumbos are actually not good for beginning sitting. It keeps them in bad alignment.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-15/health/ct-met-bumbo-posture-20120315_1_physical-therapists-developmental-benefits-babies

She is only 6 months, it will happen. She is still young. Just do lots of tummy time to help neck muscles. You can also try sitting on the floor with her sitting between your legs (her back to your tummy). And play with a fun toy.
  • Agree with @Ashley_smashley. Your lo will eventually sit. It's a naturally acquired instinct such as walking and talking :)
  • Do you have a bumbo? Hubby put Levi in one at one month old. Also do you have a boppy? Put it behind her while she tries to sit. We tried and tried with Levi and gee sat by 6 months. E wanted him to sit in his 6m pics so we were adamant with constantly trying.
  • Actually, bumbos are not recommended to help a child learn to sit. It causes back problems and pain later on down the line :(
  • Ya it actually says on the bumbos themselves the box thing that they shouldn't sit in there until they can sit by themselves. Be careful but they all learn at their own time no rush.
  • Agreed with @Jules. There is no need to rush a child's development. They will do these things in their own time, not when it is convenient for us :)
  • @jules I know I guess I'm just anxious.
    @LeviLuv8 I'll try that, thanks.
  • Yeah same here. I would advise you to keep doing tummy time and be patient. My cousin has a 7 month old and she can only sit for a minute before she falls to the side. She still doesn't roll over or crawl. I know these are all milestones that babies need to reach, but let your baby get there on her own. You could cause more harm than good if you try different ways to make her sit before she's ready.
    Before you know it, your sweet babygirl will be running around playing dress up :)
  • @perly I'm sure.. Rubiya is like that too will only sit unsupported for a minute then fall..
  • Yup. And its so weird because her oldest daughter hit all those milestones really early. By 7 months she already had 5 teeth, she was rolling and crawling all over the place and she was trying to pick herself up from the furniture. This baby barely wants to hold her own bottle lol. I think she's just taking her sweet time lol.
  • @perly My daughter can hold her own bottle even say a few words .... that's about all..
  • @mylove2 aww that's so adorable! She'll be sitting up in no time.

Btw, you have a beautiful princess there :)
  • @perly Thank you. I hope she sits soon, seems like she's been at the same pase for a while...