out of whack period post partum

edited February 2013 in Postpartum Health
I am 5 weeks post partum and started my first period on the 27th. I usually have a long and heavy flow, but the heaviest part is usually the first 2-3 days of my period. however, I woke up this morning (the 6th day of my period) and had gush after gush of heavy clots. I went to the dr and she put me on bed rest for a couple days, but doesn't think it's anything serious.
This didn't happen the last time I gave birth. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this kind of experience.
I find it worrisome and annoying. I have been gushing heavy and nonstop all day. BLAH. Sometimes I really hate being a woman.

Comments

• I don't remember that happening to me. I was breastfeeding and my period still started pretty soon and it was normal from what I was used to before having a baby just no crazy cramps! which was plus. if your still worried I would so a follow up call plus isn't 6 days long mine are usually 3 or sometimes 4 days but very minimal on the 4th 6 days and so heavy sounds weird I think I would be confused too. Hopefully it stops and it's nothing serious.
  • My periods normally last from 7-10 days. It sounds pretty normal. There's a lot for your uterus to clean out. If you begin running a fever, definitely call the doc as it can indicate retained tissue.