any one no any home remedies .......

For a uti?
I have one and it hurts soooo bad :(

Comments

• Cranberries. You can get dehydrated cranberries in a pill form, or drink the juice, just make sure you get the real stuff not from concentrate with sugar added.
  • Yes chug cranberry juice all day.
  • I realllly suggest antibiotics hon. That's the former urology nurse in me. An untreated uti can be very dangerous. Go to the store and buy Azo UTI pain relief tablets (or similar brand/store brand). It is called pyridium and this will turn your urine orange/red. What it does is numbs your urinary tract as you urinate it out. Very very helpful and will almost rid the pain completely.

Cranberry juice will not help once you have a uti and doesnt help much to prevent them either. this is kind of an old wives tale. You need immense amounts of cranberry juice, almost more than is physically possible to drink, in order to help. Cranberry tablets, however, are great and very effective.

The number one thing to do is drink a lot of water. About 1-2 litres/day. this will help to flush the bacteria from your system.

If by day three after you stop taking the pyridium tablets, your symptoms have not resolved, you NEED to call and see your doctor for an rx for antibiotics. Feel better soon!
  • Like @natashalynn said, it needs to be 100% cranberry juice. It is pretty difficult to find! I wrote this right before I saw everyone else's post! Sorry! Not trying to tell anyone they are wrong. It's just a common misconception about cranberry juice once one has actually acquired a uti. Had to reeducate many of my patients on this one :)
  • Well it helped me, its juice doesn't hurt to try.
  • @captivated I'm not insulted lol I don't pretend to be a Dr. At very least drinking the juice is fluids, and I actually have the cranberry pills, and they often have helped, at least to my knowledge. But again, I'm no Dr. Nurse, anything lol. Hope you feel better soon love. Utis suck the big one!!
  • I get frequent UTIs. Usually one every month. They suck big monkey balls @natashalynn. You are correct about the juice being fluids. Vinegar is also a big help.
  • Thanks guys iv been drinking cranberry juice and taking natures bounty triple strength cranberry pills and no help yet :(
    Im gonna go get the azo uti pain relief before i go to work today
    Really dont wanna goto the docs if i dont have to no insurance rite now
  • I've treated many at home for the same reason. The pyridium is a life saver, but remember it won'tcure the infection. It's only safe to take, I believe, for about three days. Sometimes the bacteria can be too strong and resistant to home remedies which is when antibiotics are necessary. If you develop a fever or any flank (back) pain, go to the ER. Untreated, it can spread to your kidneys.