whats a good age to take a child to disney world?

edited February 2013 in Just for Fun
I was thinking spring 2014. My son will be 21/2 years old. My daughter will just be turning 1 or should I wait until spring 2015? I would also like to take a trip to n
New Orleans. Has anyone been? Roughly how much did u spend on both

Comments

• Well they won't remember much being so young. As much as I want to bring Levi soon id rather wait until he is like 5 or 6 till we take a trip like that so he may actually remember it
  • We went last summer it was a family trip and my husband got in free so it wasnt bad. My daughter was 1at the time she had fun but it was so hot that we had to leave in the afternoon a n d go back when it wasnt so hot.
  • We have a disney timeshare and my three year old has been five times and my 18 month old has been twice. We are going again for easter this ..i agree with everyone that they wont remember..but i will lol and they always have so much fun!! There is nothing like seeing that kinda joy on their face. I say if you can get a good deal (september is the cheapest month to go) GO FOR IT! :) jmo though lol
  • Yea that's why I wanna go in the spring. I've been to Florida during spring,summer and winter. Spring isn't to bad. Lord in the summer its to hot and humid. Winter isn't quit warm enough to swim and such lol.
  • edited February 2013
    Yea I don't really remember my trp I went when I was like 10. I felt way to old lol. @coltensmamma @leviluv8 @morgdeebee my mil has a timeshare I would love to buy it off from her. We stayed at a Vero beach Disney resort a few years ago.
  • my son is only 15 months and i want to go lol even though i know he might not remeber but at that moment he well have lots of fun lol taking pics well be hes memory lol
  • I am thinking we will do it around 6 and 4. 1000.00 bucks for tickets I want him to remember it but not be to old for it. I can remember a road trip we took when I was four. Not to age myself but that was almost 30 yeaes ago
  • Sept is perfect and for like two week cheeper at mattiot
  • I think the minimum age for me to take my kids would be 4, so they can really be aware and enjoy it to the fullest.
  • Thanks ladies Ill probably wait until my son is about 4-5yrs old.my daughter will be 3-4 yrs old. Until then we will probably continue going to Myrtle beach. @excitedforoctober @char
  • We just went for Christmas. My boys are 4 and1
  • I live near Disney so we go all the time. My son is 18 months old. He loves to see Mickey and runs up and says hi! I agree he won't remember going now, but I love watching him have fun and explore new things. He was even able to ride 5 rides.
  • We are leaving for Disney Saturday morning!!! SUPER EXCITED!!!! :-) Anywho... The first time we went, we took our daughter for her 3rd bday. She is now turning 6 and we're taking her again along with our 16 month old! She remembers everything literally! She can tell you everything she did when we went when she was 3! But she's also got a great memory. I think kids don't get enough credit sometimes and remember more than you would think. Oh yea. Did i mention we're leaving for Disney on Saturday! :-D lol
  • We went to fl in Sept and lil guy was not hapoy about it. We went to sea world, aquatica was a big hit, bush gardens not so much. They didn't have a lot for him to do
  • five and bringa pair of boots so kid appears tallwr and can ride more rides
  • I have passes to Disneyland I have a 4 yr old , 16 month old and a 5 month old my 16 month old loves to see the characters