Feeling anxious

edited February 2013 in Getting pregnant
My husband and I decided to not really try to get pregnant but just stop not trying. I went off the pill in November. Last month we had sex around the time I was ovulating and today I should be getting my period. I'm just feeling anxious, I want another baby but I'm nervous. I won't be too sad if I'm not pregnant though. My son will be 16mo on the 12th and I really want him to have a little brother or sister. Sorry I just needed to get this out and I don't want to start telling my family or friends yet.

Comments

• Oh I know that feeling I sounds be ovulating soon so I've been using ovulation kit this mouth and nothing yet so I'm anxious so we can get to work lol. But when do you think u will test if af doesn't show? And I wish u best of luck!
  • @Jules thank you. I'll probably wait a week to test, that's what I did when I was pregnant with my son. I figure it will happen when it's supposed to. Good luck to you too :)
  • We decided to "not not try" my husband was apparently tracking my cycle and we ended up with our son. I was all for this one bc I wanted AJ to have a bother he is getting a sister tho.lol. oh well we will make her tough.
  • Nice @char I really think another boy would be easier for us but a little girl would be awesome. We'll see so far I'm only 1 day late, nothing to get too excited about.
  • well if you have the patients its great to wait then you will get the right answer right away rather then going through all those tests. Good luck though! and thank you :)
  • @Jules I just think its pointless to test early. I knew I was pregnant with my son because my period was 1 week late and that never happens to me. I'm now on day 2 of being late :)
  • Well that's good sign then! Hopefully u get confirmation soon good luck :)
  • I totally know what you mean. Before i got pregnant, i was always under a lot of stress hoping af wouldn't show up, but it was taking a toll on me and it was really just adding to my daily life. I was working full time and in college, and i couldn't do it. So i didn't test again until af was actually late.
    Just keep your mind busy on other stuff for at least 2 or 3 more days and if af doesn't show up, test then.
  • Well I've been having cramps and spotting today so I'm probably not pregnant. I'm not going to hold my breath this month. Thanks @Perly and @Jules
  • Well it's ok it will Happen at the best time it sure does suck though that was me last month. maybe this next cycle :)
  • Af showed up so next month. I think it's good that she came because I was sort of worried.
  • Why were you worried? I'm glad your happy though :).
  • Idk @jules it's like I want another kid but it stresses me out. I know now is the time to do it I'm just not sure how ready we are. You know what I mean?
  • Ya it's okay it's sounds like little cold feed... what are some signs u think there are that give you the feeling that you guys aren't ready for another? Is it the number of Children that overwhelms you? And like me last year the reason I had to wait was financial reasons. Others go through hard time with their partner that makes them wait until the relationship is more stable so you can work as team again. There are sure a lot of things to consider when thinking about trying for another baby and then there's a lot of stress for some just from the idea of trying.
  • It's that I feel overwhelmed sometimes with just one and then I think about how stressed I would be with another. Financially we would be ok maybe a little tight but we've crunched the numbers and it would work. @jules
  • Ya that is scary part I get scared about as well then I just try to focus on once the baby mobile they will keep each other entertained. How old is your lo right now?
  • He'll be 16mo on the 12th. I think I'm getting cold feet for sure lol. I want one but then when I was late I started having second thoughts & I was sort of relieved when AF came.
  • Oh my daughter will be 14 months on the 12th how exciting! Well if you get pregnant on your next cycle they will be more then 2 1/2 years apart by then your first will be potty trained eating all normal foods.Talking a lot more and can be little helper :) ... I think if you are in no rush then wait until u feel more comfortable with the idea but if you want you're kids closer in age then I say think about all the good things. Like for me we just want one more so I'll be all done having kids and being prego :). I want them to be somewhat close in age so to me it's worth having it little harder for about a year and from then be able to just watch them play and know that since they are close in age they always have each other and I can use all my old stuff from my daughter unless it's something super girly and I have boy lol . Plus although I still have time my husband is turning 29 this year and I know he doesn't want to be like to old when he has the next kid.
  • See I'm totally with you on the whole being done having kids and being preggo. I'll be 28 this month and I want to be finished having children by 30. I also want them to be close in age so they can play together, I just don't want them to be too close lol. @jules
  • That's true too close is crazy but I think anything after two years is ok ;)... It's manageable lol... well I'm in the middle of my fertile/ovulation right now. According to my app and my body on due to ovulate that or tom I've had all the signs and been checking my cervix and cervical mucus. However I decided to try use ovulation kit this month I'm pretty sure I bought a bad one cause I still haven't gotten that stupid smily face which is kinda freaking me or BC I'm just listening to my app and my body I really wish the kit was working would really help me relax little. Have u ever used those? I'm just hoping the last two nights due the trick I would be bummed out if not.
  • No I've never used one of the kits before. I have an app that tells me when I'm supposedly ovulating. Good luck with getting pregnant :) I'm sure your on the right track.
  • I don't think I'll use it again lol. What app do you have? I've been using my days and pink pad they are pretty much the same. And thank you very much! I'm sure that you will figure out soon on what's right for you and your family soon. But no matter what I wish u the best as well :)
  • It's called p tracker. It's very simple so I like it.
  • Oh I've tried that one it is nice it's simple those are the once I like best!