Ok smart ladies i need help

edited February 2013 in Health
Ok my 3 year old girl has been feeling sick, her tummy hurts.. Today she didnt wanted to eat anything the whole morning, my dad brought her some m&ms at 11 and she ate that, at 12 she threw up, then she threw up again.. i though it was because her stomach was empty and i gave her some food . she then took a nap and woke up complaining and threw up once more.. she hasnt wanted to eat anything else, i have given her gatorade and water to keep her hydrated i dont know what else to do), she went to bed 1 hour ago and she has woken up a few times complaining that her tummy hurts , i dont want to run to the hospital for them to tell me is just a stomach bug or a virus and that it will go away by it self and to just keep her drinking liquids til she feels better.. so what do i do? please any advice will be appreciated, i usually run to the hospital for every little thing, but after spending so much time reading your posts , i though i was over reacting... so please, shoot those advices my way.

Comments

• I would just try liquids and maybe something bland like crackers or toast
  • @MorgDeeabee thanks for the advice i will try that if she wakes up again . Hopefully it will help
  • Does she have a fever? If not i would just keep pumping her with liquids pedialite (sp?) And try giving her saltine crackers if it lasts more then a day call doctor

Im also the kind of person who never goes to doctor unless absolutely feel helpless
  • @MerandaGarcia she doesn't have a fever. Ok thanks I will send my husband to buy pedialite .
  • Sounds like a stomach virus. I would do a clear liquid diet for 24 hours then the brat diet after as tolerated. (bananas, rice, applesauce & toast) I'd guess diahreea will be next. (sorry lol)

And clear liquids don't have to be clear, they just have to be see through ...like apple juice, broth, gatorade, even jello.

I hope that helps & hopefully it's just a 24 hour thing. :)
  • @Wilsomom ooh ok thanks for the advice, if she isn't feeling completely better in the morning I will definitely have to do this
  • The pedialyte is def great too, out has the right electrolyte balance for dehydration.
  • I would do the pedialyte instead of gatorade, or make sure its half gatorade half water so it doesn't off balance since she is still little. Pedialyte is just fine straight out of the bottle.
  • If its a bug u may want to wipe everything down and let your family know. That is family that's came in contact with yours. I know where I live at the norovirus is going around bad.
  • sounds like the bug beware cause it travels and Wilsomom said to eat for ur daughter
  • Is she feeling any better today?
  • Sorry I don't tag anyone, I'm on my phone and is a pain , today she woke up like nothing happened, she was her happy jumping around self all day.
  • Oh well that's good news! :)
  • Definitely do the BRAT diet next time! And you were perfectly right. No need to go to the ER for it :) I never bring my children to the ER. Glad she's feeling better. that stomach bug is going around. My daughter came down with it yesterday.
  • Glad she is feeling better
  • Didn't see your post until now but just so everyone knows Dollar Tree (I think that's the name) has generic pedilight in the baby section. It is a smaller bottle but significantly cheaper then even the Walmart brand. The ingredients are the same and so is the taste.