TOOK MY SON TO THE ER

edited February 2013 in Babies Health
my son burn he's hand I put a cold rag on it I ran cold water on it I gave him tylenol so I called a friend she said to get a egg and to use the egg whites beat it then apply it to the hand and let it dry well my son end up touching he's hands together then end up touching he's face I notice a rash on he's face we went to the er he was having a allergic reaction I started crying he's eye got swollen and he's lip started to swell he's face was red as u can see on the pic they gave him a storied shot and a shot of benadryl he's doing a lot better now he's hand is fine being in the Dr. waiting n a room for four hours and at the last when waiting to b discharge it was crazy two cold blues families screaming and crying made me cry it was so sad I just wanted to get out of there just thought ill let u guys know

Comments

• Oh my goodness poor thing. IM so sorry :( so u it was probably BC it was uncooked egg white. I've never heard of doing that. But then again I have my husband and my sister in law doc so when my daughter got bad burn I had professional help. Next time just ask me so u can skip the long waiting room. I'm soo his ok though and they could get it under control. I hope his burn heals fast. I hope you're ok as well I'm sure that was scary experience.
  • @jules ty and I they said he's allergic to eggs that's y. I never heard it either till today every one has there own things to do when something happens. what did u do when ur baby got burn? Ill keep that n mind to ask u for advice. he's doing good he's back to normal thank god
  • I had the egg remedy done on me when i was little and it actually worked. But yes, next time just use medicine to be on the safe side. Im glad your son is feeling better. My niece got her hand burned on her 1st birthday with her mom's flat iron i couldn't help but cry with her. Its scary.
  • @perly thank you. i guess it dont wrk for every one. awww poor baby i know that had to hurt i burn my self with my flat iron too
  • I stuck my hand in the oven broiler when I was about 9-10 mos old. I had 2nd degree burns on my hands and arm. I know my parents kept it covered until the blisters healed. I have no scars though. I hope he feels better soon.
  • @Stillsurprised holly crap i know thats the thing thats n the bottom of the oven but never seen it on my son is doing good he has no blisters hes back to normal using hes hand ty
  • I burned my face while swimming they said to just use neosporin and Motrin bc that silvadine cream leaves dark spot ugh that hurt :-(
  • Oh my what a scary ordeal to go through! I'm glad he's feeling better. How's the burn doing?
  • @babyinblack682 that crazy by swimming Dr. said creams r only use for blisters and open blisters that for my son just leave it alone it was just minor thank god
  • @Wilsomom very scary and me trying to make him better only got worst. he's burn is just red nothing there he's doing great I'm glad it was just minor nothing major
  • @babyinblack682 I'm sry was it cause sun burn
  • The sun reflecting off the water caused it, I had sunscreen on to, it sucked I had to eat through a straw for a week
  • Mustard is really good burn relief
  • Poor baby :( :( good thing he is doing better.
  • Well hers had two bad blisters and we didn't do anything to it no cream nothing until the blisters are gone. Then it still be like reddish purple color for little goes away very fast. After that is when we started putting lotion on and I have some scar cream it really helped this happened during Christmas time it's all gone now :)
  • When I was a toddler my mom had the stove on I had just started to learn my colours. I reached up stated how pretty the Orange was and placed my hand on the burner. I lived, no scar. Little ones are quite resilient.

I could give you a list a mile long about the accidents my Lo s have gotten into. Glad your boy is okay.
  • @stephforever89 I mention that to Dr. she said for babies its only cold water or ice pack tylenol or motrin. but yea I heard of that one hubby was mad cause we dnt own mustard at that moment
  • @jules awwww poor thing the Dr said that's the only time u do want to apply to the burn when there's blisters but ever ones different how glad my son didn't get any blisters Dr. said just minor
  • @Máthair wow that's crazy when I'm cooking my son always grabs the nobs he dnt listen when I say no but yea I'm sure I'm gonna have a list to lol
  • That's weird my husband and my sister in law and my daughter doc said do not apply anything on the blisters. Cause we had her 1 year check up right after our happened.. I don't know I'm glad it all worked out either way :)
  • @jules yea glad it worked out to
  • When i was four, i grabbed an iron and plugged it in and started ironing a bath towel cause i thought i was cool lol and when i was done i went to unplug the iron and it fell on my stomach. I have a long scar under my boob. It almost looks like an incision.
  • @perly OMG that's sounds like that hurted bad
  • @roxy that's when i had the egg put on me lol.
  • I am glad he is ok. The broiler on the bottom of the oven were used more when I was a kid. Now most of them are built into the oven. My mom swears I pulled it down. My gma thinks she left it open.