bottle question

For those of yiu with babies close in age did you usethe same bottles with both or did you get new ones? I still have all my daughters bottles that i was gonnawash sanatize and probably just get new nipples for but everything i have read says it recommends getting completely new bottles. Any input?

Comments

• I mainly bf but had bottles we used...my kids are 18 months apart and i def used the same bottles...some of my nipples did get replaced though just because the flow seemed a little faster from being worn out...i say try them and see if new baby likes them...you never know, some babies are pickey about their bottles. The way i see it, no reason to buy new bottles if yours are in good shape and the new baby has no problem with them. :)
  • I have my daughters bottles that are cleaned and sanitized waiting to be used for next baby hopefully! I don't see any problem especially since you are wanting to get new nipples.
  • @coltensmamma im going to breastfeed, but when we are out or my husband needs to step in and help im going to need bottles. My kids will be almost exactly 2 years apart we tried many bottles with my daughter so luckily ill have options haha.

@jules i think i may just switch out the nipples for new ones but then buy a couple new bottles as well.
  • That's great idea!
  • I use the drop ins and I'm definitely going to use the bottles :) I'd just get new nipples. Plus i get to change the liners out so it works well :)
  • I was going to reuse my daughters bottles since they'd only be 11 months apart, but my son hated the bottles my daughter loved. So I had to find a brand he liked and buy all new ones.
  • We used them again. Just got new nipples
  • I am saving my son's bottles. I figure when I have another baby if they are still ok to use why not??
  • It is always recommended to get new bottles. The plastic used breaks down over time. Only time that is recommended to use old bottles is if they are glass. Do what you're comfortable with, but I suggest doing a bit more research first :)
  • My daughters are 13 months apart but I just bought new bottles because I threw all of her bottles away when she turned one so that she would want a bottle and it worked :)
  • edited March 2013
  • I use the same bottles but plan on getting rid of them after this round.
  • Even BPA bottles have leaching that occurs. Bottles have a lifespan just as any other plastic, ie: carseats.

I wouldn't risk it, personally. When in doubt, throw it out. Definitely not worth the long term risks. :)
  • I replace my los bottles every 5-6 months. Nipples after 2months.
  • I always buy new bottles because of leeching. I wish I had glass ones but they're hard to find plus they would probably get broken here.
  • I am personally going to get my lo new ones.