problems stacked on problems...pls help :(

edited February 2013 in Babies Health
First my daughter (18 month) has the flu, a month later she gets sick again and they think its kwasaki (a rare heart disease) but rule it out. From the stress of being in and out of the hospital with her, 2 days ago i had my third miscarriage even tho i didnt kno i was preggo to begin with! now my lo is starting to have this really dark green, almost black poop which if i remember correctly was one of the symptoms they gave me for kwasaki. Maybe I'm just freaked out about the idea of it being that because they already did tests and said it couldnt be. What are some reasons for dark green poop?? I need help :(

Comments

• Well I can't really answer your question other than ask about diet? Bit are are any other symptoms? High fever? Any rash, swelling, really red mouth?
  • Dark green poop can come from lots of things has she been eating any green things? don't freak out just yet.
  • edited February 2013
    Fever, no not since she got better. Rash, yes but shes always had tht problem since she was about a year old. Swelling, no. Red mouth? Idk shes had this like rash by her mouth tht looks like chapped lips we get in the winter @babyinblack682
    The only diet change i can think of is when she was sick she wasnt eating, only drinking and now shes ok so shes eating again? @mommylovessparkle
  • Purple kool aid can cause it to be green?
  • Green/black poop can be from eating anything that contains a lot of food dye, even the colour red can cause green poop. Strange, huh.

If she ate a cupcake with coloured fronting that could cause it, even if she ate play dough or sucked on a marker while you were distracted discolouration could happen. I once over fed my son carrots and his poo turned Orange. X_X

I would definitely monitor it and tell her doctor, you can never be to careful. S/He will probably tell you just to watch it but at least it will be on her record.
  • goggle baby poops it should help it help for me
  • does it look like this
  • edited February 2013
    I think her father gives her kool aid and fruit punch and ive given her 100% cranberry juice; idk if any of those would do it @mathair and @wilsomom
    I googled dark green poop toddlers and all i got was info about it in adults and a bunch of unanswered questions. And oh lord no, it actually reminds me of tht dark poop tht they first have when they're first born. @roxy
    But since it first happened 2 days ago its been getting lighter and lighter so mayb it was something she ate/drank?
  • lol sry if no help thats the only thing i could tell u but yea i also seen that first poop they had lol