Wow! Advice, plz.

edited February 2013 in Pregnant
My daughter is turning 2 this year and she's my world! I'm pregnant for my second time and am so afraid of what this might do to her. :(

Any tips on how to prepare her for baby and how to prepare myself mentally? I had postpartum depression and am afraid it might get worse.

Comments

• Maybe try a 'take care of babydoll' aproach. Build a little nursery room and show her whats to come with her new doll. Get one that you can put in the tub and bathe, and do everything like if it was real. Have her assist or do the stuff properly.
  • Nyla is turning two in sept & im pregnant again. Second Baby is due in sept also. Nyla gets along with other kids so i dont think she'll have a problem but she might get jealous in the beginning if she sees me hold the Baby too much. But ive been teaching her how to say Baby n touching my stomach & kissing it.. but i dont think u should stress. Just think, now ur daughter will have a lil brother Or sister to play with :) r u ready for another Baby? our pregnancy was a surprise :) im just taking it day by day. U should just relax :)
  • The babydoll idea is great i like that. And try to explain to her in mommys belly is your little brother/sister. Tell her all the cool things about baby and what fun she could have. Ive seen a lot of mothers do it n it worked for them.
  • @lilbit01_209 that's a really good idea! She has a baby doll that she holds and kisses already. :)

@nylasmommy Ours was a surprise too. I really thought I was done with one. How are you doing with pregnancy #2?

You're right, at least she'll have someone to play with now. :)

• Your welcome. So how long are yu? And what do yu what to have?
  • My husband always says one & done. He didnt want anymore kids but were blessed with this second pregnancy :) im ten weeks, no more sickness just nauseous. How far along are u? R u hoping for a lil boy since u have a babygirl right now?
  • @newmama16 I'm 8 weeks pregnant. I'm happy with whatever sex.

@NylasMommy I don't know I'd be scared to have a boy. I had it easy with my girl, I don't know?
  • I have a 17 month old daugter and a 2 month old son. I have noticed that she doesn't seem to bothered by the attention he receives. He is not a threat. He doesn't play with her toys or eat her snacks, so no big deal. The baby doll idea is excellent. We just bought our daughter a baby doll because she wants to mimic everything we do with our son. She tries to help out all the time. She does want held from time to time when it is not possible, but overall does very well. Good luck.
  • @Scott_Jessica1stbaby I'm hoping wont be bothered either.
    As of now she loves to play in solitude, so I'm hoping it won't be an issue.