Contractions & Waters - HELP

edited February 2013 in Labor
I'm 37 weeks 3 days today and have been having contractions since Monday. They started at 20 minutes apart, progressed and then stayed at 10 minute frequencies until yesterday morning. Since 10am yesterday they have stayed at 4-5 minutes.

I got admitted to hospital yesterday evening due to sickness and low blood sugar levels and have just been discharged home. My contractions are still at 4-5 minutes but are a lot stronger than they were.

My waters have not broken and I'm not dilated. I am tired, completely fed up, in absolute agony with contractions & spd and an utter emotional mess. I know I'll probably get bashed for asking this but c'est la vie, all I ask is please be respectful.

I need a way to speed the process up as hospital won't see me until I'm 2 minutes apart and/or with broken waters. I'm at the end of my tether and struggling to function..

HELP PLEASE X

Comments

• This sounds like my last 2 full term pregnancies... I was in early labor a week each time. You can try squats, a birthing ball, lots of walking, sex (there's a hormone in the semen that helps soften your cervix), nipple stimulation (but careful, that can cause real strong contractions) & of course waiting & resting as much as possible. I'm sorry, I know it's miserable!! Maybe @homebirthadvocate can help.

(((hugs)))
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2013
    @Wilsomom thank you. I'd never heard the nipple simulation thing before. We had sex Sunday evening and Monday morning, but since the pain started I've not felt in the mood for sex. Does it work or am I just kidding myself? :-/

@homebirthadvocate I'm afraid if I have one glass I'd not stop.. plus the amount of codeine etc the result of 1 glass of wine wouldn't be pretty :-(
  • I understand not being in the mood with feeling miserable & all. Idk if it really works, but it couldn't hurt lol. Babycenter.com might have some good resources, they have a lot of videos too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Try not to stress (ha ha I know) because that will make it worse. Just think you have a good excuse right now for lazy days, lots of rest & naps, bubble baths & going to bed early watching movies! Enjoy it while you can. Lol :)