BV or Jock itch?

edited February 2013 in Health
So I don't know what's going on...for the past 2 wks ive been having a lot of itchiness down there. One night it was pretty red around the labia and skin was peeling off. I used bactrim and that worked for a bit but still had the itching and burning. Well I bought this itch cream at Cvs and vagisil wipes which did wonders but now I'm having a bit of an odor. Its almost a "cheesy" smell. Not fishy. No clumpy discharge but I am having watery discharge. It just feels downright uncomfortable. I have been using jock itch cream since I do run and excersise a lot and saw that women can get it and thought it might be from that. I took some difflcan this evening(the one pill pack kind) that ive had for a few months. So hopefully it works.

Does anyone have a guess what this could be?

Can I use baby powder on my underwear to help the smell? I'm paranoid that if I smell it maybe someone else can...

Comments

• Sounds like a yeast infection. If the wipes/cream don't work talk to your ob. You might need a prescription.

Also avoid baths and try not to get soap up there, just rinse (externally) with warm water.

I don't know if baby powder would work or not.
  • I know your not supposed to use baby powder in that area
  • If there's a funky smell you definitely wanna get it checked out.
  • @Stephen_due_101611 why not?

@mathair really? This will be my first yeast infection(that I know of lol) then. Hopefully the dose of diflucan will help
  • edited February 2013
    Definitely no baby powder! Displays classic yeast signs. They sell tests at the pharmacy that can tell you if it is yeast. If so, you can get monistat suppositories (I suggest not the 1-day treatment, not effective
    Of course, natural options are best in my option! You can do yogurt suppositories, or yogurt tampons. Needs to be plain ol yogurt. You can put yogurt in a bath or simply increase your intake of yogurt with active cultures (activia is one). You need your vagina to balance its pH.

Garlic is another excellent option. You can take pure garlic cloves orally or take all natural garlic tabs. Inserting a piece of garlic clove vaginally every few hours will rid your symptoms immediately and offset the infection quick.

Apple cider vinegar (I drink a shot daily) mixed into your bath water is another fix. Use 1-2 cups in the water. The good part of this is that it will lessen the smell almost immediately.

Your symptoms do not sound like BV to me, but they are very similar. These will help BV AND yeast infections :) Mobistar won't. Try these treatments for about a week. These will 100% get rid of this as they are natural antibiotics. I would not recommend taking anymore diflucan. If your symptoms aren't relieved within a week, call your doc to ensure it isn't something more serious.
  • edited February 2013
    Sorry for the typos, phone is acting up! Also recommend to not use any kind of vaginal washes and vaginal wipes sold in the store. They can cause more harm than good and make the infection worse.
  • I pictured a tampon soaking in yogurt... Anyone else?

I honestly didn't know any of the above, thanks for sharing @captivated you are one of the best!
  • LOL @mathair, it really is helpful! I felt weird as hell doing it for the first time!
  • I've heard this but never havr done it