red bumps

edited February 2013 in Babies Health
My son woke up on Wednesday with 4 red spots on his arm and ear.by Thursday he had 13 total spots, not as bad as the first round. I gave him benadryl (sp?) And all the new spots went away. The 4 original spots are still there and raised now. He doesn't seem to even notice them so I don't think they are itching. I took him to his pediatrician on Friday morning and she said they look like bug bites. Wouldn't bug bites be gone by now or look open???? @captivated any thoughts????

Comments

• Sounds like bed bugs maybe? My oldest daughter got them at her first apartment & the bites sound like what you described. I hope not, but it's a possibility. :/
  • I checked his room and bed and didn't find any bugs or bug poop. I hope its not bed bugs. The bumps started out flat and are now hard and seem fluid filled.
  • Doesn't sound like bug bites to me. Most likely irritation, allergy or simple viral infection.
  • Any pictures?
  • I took a picture not sure how to upload it...
  • You can message me here and I will give you my email and post the pic for you. I can't message you from mobile though. Just shoot me a PM if you want.
  • My laptop is dead so I uploaded it to the group wall.