delete me

Comments

• Does she have matron of honor or maid honor? Maybe u explain u don't feel comfortable wearing it. If it would be ok to find something in different dress . I've see weddings with different bridesmaid dresses its actually cute usually the maid/matron of honor wears the different dress.
  • Before we ordered the dresses I asked her about that she said no she wanted us all in the same dress. Plus even if she was ok with getting us all different dresses, I already paid $260 for this one and I didn't have the money for that and now it was just a waste so I don't have the money for another one. such a sucky situation. I have shown the dress to serveral family members and everyone says it looks horrible before I even have to ask them. My mom said "you can't be in the wedding in that dress it looks terrible"
  • Gotta admit the dress is pretty ugly.
  • Thank you lol She didn't text me back. She told my brother I "didn't wanna be in the wedding" Which I never said I said I didn't wanna wear that dress because it looks horrible. And my brother called my mom... HELLO I am the one who is texting you and no one wants to talk to me. This whole thing makes me not want to even go to my own brothers wedding. Fucking sad (sorry about the f bomb)
  • Well doesn't for right your right. However my bridesmaid dress was horrible.when my sister in law asked me I just sucked it up but I was young so my parents paid. I think u should tell her you can afford paying for another dress.
  • The wedding isn't for another 6 months so im not going to suck it up and look horrible in my brothers wedding when there is no reason to. It isn't that the dress is "ugly" its the fact that I just look horrible in that style and no one seemed to care. I didn't get to try on anything not even a dress in the same material to see what size I would need they just told me we have to add fabric and now i would have to pay to get the fabric added removed. I didn't have the 260 for the dress to begin with and I sure as hell don't have the money to get it taken in when it didn't need to be taken out in the first place.
    I am calling the place when they open at 10 and im going to see what they can do. The dress also has flowers that were added to my dress only that aren't suppost to be on it which they are taking off. So maybe because they did that they will give me my money back we'll see
  • You can't wear something you don't feel comfortable in even if it is 'there' big day I wouldn't either

I'm having 2 bridesmaids and a flower girl for my wedding & I told them all to find dresses they like in my chosen colour so I know there comfortable in them have put styles together& found a few they both like so will try them on together to make sure they look nice on & feel comfortable

Btw do you normally have to pay for your own bridesmaid dresses over there? I'm paying for my 2 bridesmaids my auntie said she will buy her daughters flower girl dress though x
  • I was in a wedding for a friend and the dress she picked was horrible. It was chocolate colored halter too with a belt in the middle and long. Absolutely ugly but I did just suck it up and wear it. And a month later they were separated and now divorced.
  • lol @pregojenn

that dress definitely isn't flattering she definitely could have done better for your body style I'm a fuller figured girl is well and I never look good in those dresses! so sorry you're going through this
  • I hate to be the one to say it but I don't think it matters what the dress looks like, it is your bothers wedding and the dress is not your decision. You are going to be the one to look back and regret not being in it. Most brides maids don't like there dresses but it is the brides choice.
  • I agree with @my2boys. Just didn't want to be theffirst to say it. I would be highly offended if I were the bride :( With heels, makeup and hair done, its not that big of a deal. It's not falling off or absolutely crazy. no one is going to look at you and go, "man does she look like an idiot or.what" and point and laugh. Sometimes we just gotta deal with crappy situations!
  • Plus everyone knows you didn't pick the dress
  • Have you seen the movie 27 dresses?
  • To be completely honest in the nicest way, i have always worn what the bride has picked out for me. If i like it, then good. If i don't like it, i suck it up.
    The reason i do that is because i feel that if i agree to be a part of a bridal party, then i have to go along with what the bride wants. Unless she says i can run with it, i just wear what she wants me to wear. However that's just my opinion. I would advice you that if you're not comfortable, then definitely do not be part of the bridal party and maybe put a little more thought into any future weddings.
  • Not to be rude but i agree that its there special day you should just suck it up for one day you already paid for it anyways
    I would be really upset if i was the bride and someone backed out of my wedding all over a dress
  • What specifically dont you like? I am very large chested and a size 16 and have found that having straps put in for after the ceremony does wonders to make me feel more comfortable. I have also seen modesty pannels put in neck lines to help cover and support without noticablly changing the style of the dress.

In high school i worked at a bridal store and we had an amazing seamstress that was very skilled and could help alter dresses to flatter anyone. I would suggest asking opinions and options to make it feel more acceptable to your body. You are not the first or last to deal with this issue but you should respect her wishes and wear the dress. The focus is about the bride and groom and making sure their day is fantastic and memorable in a positive way, no need to cause unnecessary drama and negative memories for them.
  • Lets face it you two are not friends she only asked you bc of your brother. that being said why should you have to put yourself threw that. The bridal party is for her close friends I would have been offended at her asking me.

Tell your brother and mother to look at the dress and if he wants you to be in the party he can pay to have it altered again.
  • Think about it this way, its her choice, her wedding. If the bridal party looks ugly, then that'll be the memory she has of her wedding. The pictures taken that day will be hers, so she will have to look at that and live with it. I do admit the dress is not all that but that's what she wants. If you decide to wear it, tell your brother to take care of any further alterations. If you decide not to wear it, then just don't and put your dress for sale online and get your money back...
    Whatever you decide, i hope everything works out for the best for you and for them :)
  • edited March 2013
  • Don't go! Please!
  • @sands3 I do want to be deleted. Someone from here I am thinking showed the bride what I said and now everyone in my family is mad at me for posting about it. Idk who on here knows her but someone does
  • Oh no! Im so sorry. That was messed up and extremely childish of them!
  • I can't believe someone on here knows her and would do something like that... makes me hope I don't know anyone om here. I hope you don't go, I've enjoyed following your posts, although I can understand why you would, I would not be comfortable writing either.
  • Eeeek! That's kind of scary & wrong. I write lots of personal stuff on here too. I'm sorry... :(
  • Thats messed up! Im sorry i hope you dont go and who ever did that to you should be ashamed of themselfs ppl come on here feeling safe to vent bout family and what not
  • Wow that's messed up..

I'm pretty sure she only wanted sympathy ladies....
  • @ starrxoxo9 are you refering to me wanting sympathy??
  • This is why I stopped posting a while ago...some of the women on here are shady and scandalous! Hopefully the person gets found out!!
  • Or...whoever saw it, did so on their own..this isn't a private forum or anything...suck tho.
  • I've lurked here for years and every time we have a blow out on pregly, this is why. No one is free to vent or share personal info without someone using it as blackmail when arguments start.

@mallory27 I'm so sorry someone did this to you, I have followed your story for a long time. As for the wedding rant, I let my bridesmaids pick their dresses for multiple reasons. I don't know how other people's bodies look in clothes and it may be my wedding but I asked them to stand up there with me so why not come to a happy medium? We ended having the same taste anyways so it kind of worked out.