Abortion as birth-control (another my friend's sister post) *small update in comments

So, many of you have read about my gbff's ridiculous sister, the straight-A nursing student who exists in a vortex of stupidity. I've been avoiding her as much as possible but my friend babysits for her 2 kids (who are about my kids age), so I can't avoid her completely. Anyway, she's been pregnant a grand total of 8 times in 4 years (6 in the last 2) by 3 different guys (that we know of). However, she only has 2 kids (one of whom we're pretty sure the "father" isn't the bio-father as her daughter has fire red hair as does the other guy she was sleeping with at the time...and she pretty much looks exactly like "other guy"). She's only had 2 abortions (that we know of); the rest of her pregnancies have ended in miscarriage. What's truly amazing is that ALL her pregnancies have occurred while on birth control (either the pill and condoms or depo)! While his family (and myself) are skeptical, nobody has questioned her. My friend started pursuing his suspicions that she was deliberately getting pregnant after her last abortion, and he asked her current bf if he had ever seen her bc-pills (her current method...she has only had one depo shot and that was years ago). He said no, so my friend went looking. For 2 weeks he searched everywhere...and surprise, no pills! So, the other day she announces that the pills/condom have failed her again and she's pregnant again! When she start's talking about going to the clinic and says she thinks she's going to miscarry in the same sentence, my friend says, "Damn Andrea, you scramble more eggs by noon than an IHOP!" I just don't understand; by all appearances she's getting pregnant on purpose for whatever reason (maybe the guy-du-jour has something to do with her intentions...idk) only to terminate (his family has reason to believe some of her "miscarriages" may have actually been terminations too). I get extra aggravated about it because of her lackadaisical attitude with it all. She told me the news the other day like she was telling me she bought a new shirt. I said, "Andrea, let's hope this one sticks. Otherwise, you might find Michael J. Fox lurking around your bathroom attempting to harvest stem-cells from your toilet" (ya know, 'cuz he could have a whole wall full of Oscars with the stem-cells she's flushed down the drain!)

The other thing I find infuriating, is that I think nursing-school is giving her munchausen's! Really, i don't care that every time she reads about some disease, she thinks she has it (and that she probably has her own wing at the ER)...I DO care that she seems to be giving her kids munchausen's-by-proxy. Those kids have been to the doctor almost every week for the past 6 months!!! SMH Okay, vent over.

Comments

• People like that are so far gone that there's nothing you can do for them. Your best bet is to delete her crazy ass and not waste anymore energy getting aggravated with her. What goes around comes around and her ways will catch up with her sooner or later.
  • wow she's scary! lifetime movie!

that's strikes me as one of those nurses that steal babies
  • @starrxoxo9 I can't completely avoid her without cutting my gbff out of my life (not gonna happen) because they share a duplex.

@soon2b3 lol! I think stealing a baby is out of the question because her baby-factory seems to be perfectly in-tact...even though she definitely is "that kind of crazy"!!!
  • Well at least delete her off facebook. No need to be friends with her right??
  • @starrxoxo9 we aren't fb-friends (actually my gbff doesn't even have a fb), I am fb-friends with their mom though
  • Oh I misunderstood. What does gbff mean?
  • @starrxoxo9 I think it means gay best friend forever.

But yeah, I'd drop that crazy girl like a hot potato!
  • @starrxoxo9 yep. @Molly is correct. I only use the term to distinguish between my three really close friends: my childhood best friend, my mommy-bff (my closest mommy friend whose kids are the same age as mine...so we spend a lot of time together), and my gbff (my greatest source of comic relief...next to my kids that is)
  • @Starrxoxo9 I agree with you!
  • @molly, I might actually feel bad for the men in her life. But, if they are so clueless to her behavior they kind of deserve some crazy (it's like, "wake up and smell the perforated condoms!"...eh, not my best burn ever, oh well)
  • yes I'm referring to that type of crazy.

and eventually people will be trusting her with their lives O_o
  • Are you sure these pregnancies are real? Could they be made up just for the attention? Either way she has a few wing nuts loose.
  • Although i disagree with abortion, i do respect people who take the decision. However, this woman is CRAZY!!!
    Like i said, i understand getting an abortion once for whatever reason it may be, but 2,3,4 or more abortions is just being plain stupid and irresponsible. When you make a mistake you fix it, you learn from it, and then you move on. You don't go and do it again, and again, and again.

Now i know that some abortions are done due to medical conditions that endanger the pregnancy, but after that, you make sure you are careful.
    Im not God or anything, but these are the kind of women that should not be having kids. Im usually not the one to say "oh such and such deserves this and that" because im not like that, but she should not be having kids.
  • edited February 2013
    @soon2b3 I know, yikes right? My only solace in that is hoping she's as good at her nursing job as she is at school. Hopefully she can keep the craziness from her personal life separate from her profession!
  • @ashley_smashley I've often wondered that. Their mom has told me about seeing a few hpts herself (she did not know of evap lines until I told her recently though). I do see it as attention-seeking behavior. I also think that's how the Munchausen's began...now she really makes herself sick! The sad irony is she has two children who pay attention to her and want nothing but her attention in return. But she's so busy researching her illnesses, the kids spend most of their day with their grandma or uncle (or watching their mom looking at her computer)!
  • @perly I couldn't agree more! I don't think I could ever have an abortion (but I'm happy that I live in a society where nobody can tell me what to do with my body). Then again, birth control always worked for me (for over a decade without fail), and I'm pretty fertile (it took me 2 cycles... w/o bc having sex whenever... to get preggo with my first and one cycle/one time unprotected with my second). I'd like to think that if the condoms I used so reliably for years had failed me, that I would have kept it (but, I wouldn't know for sure without being in that situation).
  • I know for sure i wouldn't have an abortion. The first time i got pregnant, i was an 18yr old high school student with a part time job that only paid enough for me to pay my car payment and my insurance payment. My baby wasn't planned and i definitely could not afford her at the time, but i stepped up and i finished school i got a better job and started college. I unfortunately lost her at 17wks gestation, but i know in my heart that i loved her from day one and i would've done anything to give her the best life possible.
    Now Im married to the father of the baby i lost, we have our own place and we are expecting again. We are happy and in love. If a teen can make things happen for her, a grown woman can too.
  • edited February 2013
    @perly I'm so sorry for your loss. My worst nightmare is a late-term loss like that (I had several nightmares about loosing Mari at 22 weeks while I was preggo.) You must have been devastated! Even though you weren't in the best position in life to be having a child, it sounds like you were doing everything possible to prepare and had probably positioned your mind, heart and soul to add that baby to your life. Then, to loose the baby...that's a lot for a grown woman to handle let alone a 18 year-old! I'm so happy things have worked out for you since!!!

I try to cut women a bit of slack as I don't like to be judged for my mistakes. But since becoming a mom, I have zero tolerance for bad mothers. Neglect is child-abuse. Her kids are so neglected (by her, they get lots of attention from others), that they would probably rather she be beating them (at least she would be paying attention to something besides her computer).
  • @math_mommy i definitely agree with you.
  • edited March 2013
    Update: So she REALLY is pregnant (whether it was deliberate or not is anyone's guess).

In an additional note, I was on the phone the other day with a friend who works at a pharmacy (not the one my friend's sister goes to, but she occasionally works at the one my friend's sister goes to, and she knows all the people who work there). She pretty much said everything I've been thinking in regard to the munchausen's/munchausens-by-proxy. She said that she (my friend's sister) is a huge joke among the pharmacy staff, only it's a really sad joke because of what she's doing to those kids (who are basically on a constant diet of antibiotics). They call her "Captain Cyberchondria" and "Mrs. Gomer (Get Out of My Emergency Room)" (because a majority of her prescriptions are written by e-room residents). I guess she's always asking if her personal medications are "safe for children" (including her personal anti-depressants). Idk, but it's seeming more and more like what she's doing to these kids is child-abuse