What would you do?

So its been 3 weeks and 3 days that my 16mo old has a cough, its not a bad cough but it just won't go away. About a week into it he started getting eye discharge that was sealing his eyes shut during the night so I took him in to his doctor and they gave us drops that made it go away. Now the discharge is back and the cough is still here, although the discharge is not as bad. AND for the past 3 nights he has been waking up in the middle of the night crying and complaining of something.

do u think I should take him in again?

Comments

• I would. If the drops worked, but then the discharge came back, the infection may have come back our it could be something else. Hope, he gets better!
  • @sands3 I keep remembering that you said when your LO got ear infections he would only wake up during the middle of his sleep screaming right? That's what he keeps doing.
  • Yeah I think I would take him in since the meds seemed to help & now it's back. Plus 3 & a half weeks is a long time.
  • Yes. He's been doing it again since Friday too. I might be taking him in this week if it continues. Is his ears or teeth
  • @sands3 I was also thinking maybe teeth since he hasn't gotten any of his molars yet and I think those can be pretty painful but with everything else going on I think I am gonna take him. Thanks for the suggestions ladies @wilsomom
  • I'd take him in. We went in 2 weeks ago cause she had a cough and fever with cold like symptoms..it came back as rsv. My doc said they have had a lot of cases of it this year.
  • I'm taking Jack in today because his runny nose isn't clearing up and he's a little weezy. He's also been up all night since Friday and crying non stop the past 2 days
  • @sands3 @wilsomom @trixiesmom8 took him in yesterday and he has an ear infection :( he is on amoxocillin now, hoping it clears up soon.

Hope Jack feels better soon, do u think its another ear infection?
  • That's what I'm thinking but not sure
  • Awe poor guy. Hopefully he feels better soon so you both can get some rest! ;)
  • Glad you guys figured what was bothering him.