I need help

edited March 2013 in Babies Health
Since Friday, Jack had woken up screaming and won't go back to sleep easily. He will only in my bed, then he tosses and turns the rest of the night. For the past 2 days, he's been extremely fussy
And cries most of the day. He's also had nasty diapers the past couple days and now has a rash. Every time I take him to the Dr they say he's fine, but he's obviously not. I don't know what to do. My in laws are taking him Friday or a few days, so Connor can recover from surgery and I'd hate to send them away with a crying baby.

Comments

• Is he teething?
  • @ashley_smashley he is, but he's never been this way with any other teeth.
  • Which teeth is it? The most trouble we had was with Ollie's molars.
  • Sounds like whatever teeth he is cutting is causing him a heck of a time. We used hylands tablets, but if those don't cut it you can always try a dose of meds. It should help with the screaming
  • edited March 2013
    @ashley_smashley it looks like his cuspids(k9) teeth coming in. I've tried the tablets and they did nothing. I gave him some ibuprofen last night before bed and that didn't seen to help either. I ended up making him an appt for this afternoon.
  • How old is he? My daughter started screaming at the dreaming stage.
  • @monkey_girl he's 16 months
  • @sands3 Oh yeah, sounds to me like night terrors/nightmares. My daughter used to wake up screaming like if someone was trying to kill her (freaking scary way to wake me up) twice a night. Usually worse if they've had an exciting day. She's 18 months and doesn't really have them as much anymore. I use one of those dream lights so the room isn't as dark and she goes to sleep pretty calm. Hang in there!
  • @monkey_girl he has a night light in his room. It could be night terrors, but that doesn't explain why he's so fussy and crying all day the past 2 days :(
  • @sands3 Could be the teething and growing pains. Give him some popsicles they really helped mine. Teething also cause upset stomach and loose stools.
  • I wonder if he has an upset tummy since you said he's had nasty diapers? Hd he tried any new foods since he's been fussy?
  • My son is going through the exact same thing, same teeth coming in. Poor guy...been EXTREMELY fussy and poor sleep. I've tried infants advil and it hasn't done much. If you have success with anything let me know.
  • @Wilsomom we haven't had anything new
  • We have had nasty diapers with light poo doctor said a virus and screaming at night. He will only sleep if he is touching me the crying will soon drive me over the coocoos nest.

Side note I love the way the hubby says he is fine bc he will sleep close to me
  • It must be from the teething then poor guy.
  • @Wilsomom Dr said it's a virus and rash is yeast
  • @char jacks Dr said the same about the virus.
  • Poor baby, hope it goes away soon
  • He just had a 104 fever. Gave him a bath and Tylenol. It's going down.
  • sounds like teething just went threw the same thing he went up to 103.4 i put the gel it helped 4 a while hope lil Guy gets better
  • At least you know what it is now & hopefully it'll pass quickly before your other son's surgery.
  • @Wilsomom I'm trying to get them away from eachother. My husband is going to see if he can start his leave today so he can get Connor out of the house some
  • 104? That's scary! :(
  • @ExcitedForOctober it is! When I went to get him when he woke up, he was burning up. I rocked him for a minute then decided to give him a lukewarm bath. That and the Tylenol brought the fever down to 101. He's doing much better today. Hopefully that was the end of this illness.
  • @excitedforoctober I took Jack to urgent care today. Turns out he has an ear infection and sinus infection
  • Poor Jack! :( Crazy because that's exactly what my little guy has both a sinus and ear infections, I'm pretty sure its the sinus infection that caused the ear infection. Hope they both start feeling better real soon, I am so over this winter!
  • Are you still gonna be able to have the surgery tomorrow?
  • @Wilsomom yes. We are here now. Iv in and waiting.
  • Praying for you!
  • @Wilsomom thanks! I was more nervous than I am now. I know I'll be a wreck when they take him back