dr. office while waiting

edited March 2013 in Just for Fun
my son is 16 months and never stays still. even when I bring a toy or he's leapster. I or hubby always go get him then he'll go running trying play with other kids. what do u ladies do while waiting to get called do u let ur kids b or chase them

Comments

• Usually dr offices, especially pediatricians, have a kiddie table with activities and other toys to play with. If not, I usually try to keep him with me. But if he's not hurting anything or getting too much into other people business I will let him be (within eyesight). Depends on how busy the waiting room is too. If there's other kids around then they should want to play with your kiddo too and the other parents are probably on the same page as you with their own kids. If somebody has a problem with your child being too curious or loud or annoying then they can suck it.
  • @adriens_mommy were I go they only have a TV so not much help but totally agree with u lol
  • I always keep mine right by me so they don't catch germs from someone or something someone else has touched.
  • If it's not crowded, I'll let the boys walk around. If it is, I keep them beside me with snacks
  • I let mine run around...its a pediatric office, they should be used to kiss running around and I dunno about u ladies but keeping a 16mo old sitting in one place is kinda hard.
  • It's hard but I keep my kids close no offense but kids running around being loud or sick and running around irritates me to no end usually bc the parents are right there and in their phone
  • I let mine walk around and I usually follow right behind them unless it is very small. It is not like they make a scene though they are just curious walking around.
  • i also keep dillon close to me...dr's offices are germy! toy tables...no thank you. we're usually only there for well visits and i'd like to keep him that way :-)
  • I let my son play. He doesn't bother anyone or is loud. I'm not concerned about germs. Got to build a healthy immune system somehow! Can't keep children in a bubble!
  • @Wilsomom true about germs
  • @sands3 snacks for me dnt wrk hell still run around he's very curious
  • @babyinblack682 I use to feel like that when I didn't have kids but totally understand now and agree if parent is on phone or not paying attention
  • @My2Boys same here following him every were he goes agree
  • I used to take my niece to the doctor for her regular check ups or if she was sick when she was smaller because my brother worked. Anyway, if she was sick, she usually wanted to be held so i didn't have a problem then but when it was just a regular check up, i would go sit with her in the kiddy area and let her play. As soon as we were ready to be seen, i would use wipes to clean her hands, or germ x.
    If i had to take her with me for an appointment i had, i would take toys and snacks. If it wasn't busy i'd let her walk around, if it was i would keep her next to me.
  • I let Tessa play if she wants or I'll give her a few snacks to keep her occupied if it's crowded. As far as germs go, I honestly don't even think like that. If she's gonna get sick, she's gonna get sick. Germs are everywhere. Like @captivated said, you can't keep them in a bubble!
  • I have to be more protective because just a simple cold can takes months to travel through a family of 10, let alone something more severe. But that's just me.
  • @wilsomom I can just imagine! This cold has been going back and forth between all 3 of us for about a month now so.I can just imagine a family of 10! :(