So....

edited March 2013 in Baby names
This is going to be our only boy after 3 girls.
What does everyone think of the name Chevy (like the truck)?? We like different names and really like the name however, everyone of our friends and family HATE IT, except for 2 people.

Would like honest opinions please :)

Comments

• Me personally would not choose it just because I dont like when peopke would be like "o your sons name is like the truck" cause to me that just relates them to an object but on the other side it Your child and nobodys opinion should matter on a name except your partners (:
  • I'm struggling with it for those reasons. I love the truck but not sure I want everyone to hate his name.
  • I agree with @firstTimeMommy0928

To me Chevy sounds like a femine name. Maybe because I knew a lot of guys who referred to their trucks as women/girls.

Also I've met several dozen dogs named Chevy.

Could be a cool middle name or nickname.
  • Hmm not a bad idea.
  • I agree maybe middle name or Nick name I personally wouldn't use it but you have to do what you like after all it's your baby and your family will love that baby no matter what :)
  • If you like it, that's all that matters. Personally, I don't though.
  • I think of Chevy chase when I hear/read it.
  • not feeling it but ur choice
  • my boyfriend brother name he's son after a car then were on there way to hospital baby ended up coming sooner so had it in car
  • remember this is your child! name him whatever u please!
    my sons name is Bentley I do get the "oh like the car" comment a lot lol
  • I love the name Bentley ^^ however i don't really like Chevy. Its just my opinion though if you guys,like it and agree on it then go for it! Don't care about what others think its your,only son you do what YOU want to :)
  • edited March 2013
    It makes me think of Chevy Chase too...which his name is pronounced with the "ch" sound, not the "sh" sound.

But then again you do what you like! I have a daughter named Glory & most ppl think it's Lori...like they just don't think Glory is a name.