sharp pains....is this normal?

edited March 2013 in Breastfeeding
I really do need help on this.
I have been having some sharp pains in my breasts. I breastfeed my Delilah 24/7 like no lie and I just want to know if this is normal my older sister feels the same thing. This is getting me paranoid about breast cancer. Any advice?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Happens to me all the time and it goes away ... I read once its your ducts trying to pass really fatty milk and I think its true Because days latter I see a lil white head clogging my nipple amd I have to take a really warm shower and work it out my pore !!

If you are really concerned don't wait and get checked !!!:good luck let me know
  • Thanks! Really calms me! @2girls_1boy :)
  • I was having sharp pains in mine to never breastfed but have 3 kids. I was freaked but everythang was normal we noticed it got worse around the time of my period an ovulation so my dr sed more then likely just harmones
  • I get it all the time too. I don't think it's anything to worry about. But if you are ask your doc just in case.
  • Just to clarify Im having those pains again since 3 days ago and I checked my nipple every day and nothing until this morning ouch !!! I have I huge milk blister and it hurtsssssssss I tried the warm bath and them pumping but it wasn't working so I put warm compress for about 20 mins and boom!!! It pop!!!!

• And where dose it come ot from. Cause today in the morning my daughter started to eat from the boob I get more pain from and it burned! But after she let go I squeeze milk out and it didn't hurt. @2girl_1boy