why am I....?

edited March 2013 in Health
How could it be that I am breastfeeding Delilah 24/7 and im not eating much and im feel like i am gaining sooo much weight? I haven't check to see how much cause I know as soon as I do I'll fall into my old ways of starving my self. But i don't understand. Delilah is 8 months I hardly give her food I breastfeed her more. I don't watch what I eat but I don't eat much and I feel like a whale! I also do zumba when I have time. But I do it. Any advice? I really do need help. Im getting so frustrated with my self.

Comments

• Starvation its nit a great idea you need to eat to produce milk and drink plenty of fluids why instead you try a balance diet eat whole grains and plenty fruits and vegetables
  • I know is not and that's why I do my best to make sure to eat. But I feel that everything I do has no results you know. I guess I'm have to start with diets cause anything else I feel it hopeless :( @2girls_1boy
  • If you make good food choices, and drink tons of water that will make a huge difference. I am breastfeeding my 3rd while pregnant with our 4th and last.
  • First few months with aj I just didn't have time to really eat. I was 175 when I got pregnant 188 when I had him and 160 by the time he was a few months old. I produced plenty of milk took my vitamins and drank water constantly.
  • U havr to watch what u eat. The fuel u putt into ur body is just as important as the amout.
  • Yes everyone is right what u put in is very important not just the amount. For example my hubby gained weight while I was prego and he hasn't lost it and our daughter is 15 months today. Well he doesn't eat much at all but the things he eats are not exactly the best besides the diners I make lol. I however eat way more but the things I eat are mostly healthy and fuels my body. I gained 23 pound with my daughter which put me to 103 pounds. I'm short though... and I lost 15 of it the moment she came out and the other 8 few days later and it kept going down I'm way too small right now I know but I am short so it doesn't look bad but I would like to be little bigger. The point is do not starve yourself especially if your still breatsfeeding eat more often during the day smaller portions but more like 5 or 6 times a day and water does miracles. It will come off especially since your active too. Don't be too hard on yourself eveyone is different but I really do believe that cutting anything out as far as types food is not the answer..Sounds like right now your body thinks its in starvation bc ur busy during the day ur active and all the breastfeeding when our bodies don't get enough sometimes it actually stores fat for later in case it needs it for energy later so I think ur solution is try eating more but smaller healthier portions. Good luck!
  • edited March 2013
    Thank you @char
    And yea I know I have heard a lot of weight lost stories and they start the same that starvation is not the answer and eating more helps u weight less. But seriously don't know what to eat. I tend to buy healthy things but as soon as I see that im eating more pike lets say the 3rd time in one day I automatically stop. I really do its like Its a reflex for me. I feel like I can't take pictures and feel good. This past weekend me n my family went to New Orleans and in all the picture I came out in I hated I saw some one else. I know thats not me. I was a different face, different body. Its just not me. Idk I just know I can be slimmer and healthier. I tired of the head aches back pains and the sore feet. I need to lose weight. But I really do need a system.
    @jules
  • I was just eating to eat while I was bf. Until I started myfitnesspal on my phone. It has helped me a ton since you have to count calories. I have caught myself trying to pick more healthier things to eat, as long as its in the house. I only gained 22lbs when i was pregnant and the weight started coming off fast, until now at 16 months pp, I'm stuck and I have another 20lbs I'd like to lose before June. It hasn't been easy, but its worth it. Plus since I lost fast, I have all this extra skin I can't get rid of either.