We're all sick!

edited March 2013 in Health
Extra thoughts & prayers please! All of us but my husband & 16yo so far. The youngest 2 kept me up half the night taking turns coughing & crying. There's no medicine that I know of for that age. Plus I've got it on top of morning sickness. Whatever it is is causing tons of mucous, very sore throats & coughing. I hope it's short lived, this sucks! (my hubby is far away truck driving...he should be home early tmrw, but a snow storm is coming..6-9 inches! Ugh)

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Omg I just spilled an entire bowl of hot soup in my bed. Could this day get any worse?! Actually I'm sure it could so I'm thankful it's not any worse than it is. Lol
  • Omg I hope everyone gets better how young is your youngest
  • @Maddysmom16 Thanks, the youngest is 18 months. It's funny because you can hear coughing throughout the entire house right now. Well, not *funny*, but you know what I mean.
  • Yea 18m and coughing poor baby try a humidifier w/ vicks always worked with my daughter to open her up and saline spray ...I think its insane that you have to be 5 yrs old for cough meds
  • They have hylands cold tablets that are safe for babies as young as 6 months, they do seem to work some, maybe try them!! I got them at target, they look exactly like the teething tablets. Good luck! I have also heard of putting vicks on their feet then covering with socks for cough!!
  • Hope it goes away soon! My 17mo old's cough lasted for almost a month! He got over that FINALLY and a week later has a cold...oh the joys of daycare! :(
  • @ExcitedForOctober oh no, poor thing! I hope he gets over it fast this time.

@0811 I put the vick's on everyone's feet tonight, it seems to be helping so far.

Thanks!
  • edited March 2013
    OMG... The entire bowl was spilt! If it ain't one thing its another. In praying for you all.
  • oh no hope you all feel better and for cough they can have the all natural one I've given it to Scarlett for long time. And they technically can have childre's benadryl my sis is doc and she just have me the exact amount my daughter can have she's almost 16 months and is 20 pounds 4 oz she gets 1.35 ml is barely past the first line on the syring so you can try that before been so they can at least rest little.
  • Good luck, we have strep throat around here.
  • Yes! Vicks on the soles of the feet covered in socks works magically :) Feel better soon, fam!
  • And Similisan makes an expectorant that can help your littles.