omg!

I'm over here doing everything in my power to lose weight and my bf INSISTS on asking for sweets & treats every damn day! Uh hello how the hell do you think I wound up 30lbs overweight???? Because we indulged WAYYY too much over the past 9years. Now mind you he has a great metabolism and does intense weight lifting 3x a week so he never gains a pound. He looks damn good. Meanwhile I'm over here not being able to sit down near him without a pillow on my lap. Our snacking is a habit that I am desperately trying to break and he shouldn't even be tempting me by asking!!!! @&;@&;#%@*!/#&%!-*!%@*#**!*&#&!%*!!!!!!!!

And I know this might sound like a trivial problem but it's very frustrating. Almost like quitting smoking lol. I actually think I've replaced my former after dinner smoke with dessert!!!!

Comments

• Tell him if he wants something sweet he can go outand get it. But u don't want junk food in the house while ur trying to lose weight
  • edited March 2013
    That's got to be so frustrating! I'm sure you've probably talked to him about it. I guess he just doesn't understand how important it is to you. Is there something serious to him that was trivial to you that you compromised on? Maybe you can remind him of it for an example?
  • edited March 2013
    @stephforever89 that's what I said, if he wants to eat like that he can go get it himself lol I'm always the treat getter hahah.
  • @wilsomom he is just really insensitive sometimes. Like most men. He actually said "well you can't have it, but I can". I almost f*cking lost my mind. It's just such a ridiculous thing to me to be arguing over. It's not like we're drug addicts lol.
  • Well that's just down right mean! Ugh.
  • Well yes it can be super hard and hopefully he will just go out and have his sweets but if not take adventage of it to create a super strong will. Like when it comes to myself I have crazy strong will once my mind is set that's way it is but in ur case ur used to it being certain way and u want to make a change so try making it a game don't tell him though so he doesn make it worst for u. Just focus on not eating sweets for few days and if u cab do that then day 3 do something special and get ur favorite thing and try pick one that's not too big :). And then set another goal and so on my opinion going so long and eating whatever pretty much and all the sudden saying no is super hard just like u said its smocking its habit u need to wing off. For example before we had our daughter my hubby would smock but only with company. So obviously he wanted to stop so he made goal of one every x amount of days then he switched to chew bc its was the habit of having cigaret in his hands that was hard not so much the chemical well there is still the chemical so once he was on chew he lowered the amount each and every week then each and every day then every other day then few days apart until all the sudden he totally forgot and realized he didn't need it anynore so now his healthier and is not wasting the money on something that's soo stupid ya know. I think if u set a goal and once u achieve it set another one it will be easier and u won't have to worry about what ur bf is doing. Good luck!
  • edited March 2013
    I just read on zen habits that if you're trying to diet that to make it fail proof you can bet with a friend that any time you eat a sweet or whatever's not on your diet then you have to pay them $50. In your case you could do that to make a super strong will like @jules said, or you can tell him if he temps you then he has to pay the $50! Lol
  • @wilsomom hahahha good idea!!

@Jules yea I've set a limit that we only get a sweet treat once (maybe twice) a week. It used to be like every other day! Lol I swear it's because we don't smoke anymore, because before Tessa was born we really didn't eat a ton of sweets but we both smoked. We kinda ate a lot of fast food though because we were lazy and never wanted to cook and didn't care because it was just us. But fast food is a rarity now, it's the damn sugar lol.
  • I'm craving a hot fudge cake right now. Lol
  • Well I think u can do it for sure I mean u stoped the smocking and u don't have fast food this is just one last thing that will make big different I'm usually kinda against people doing diets I don't believe in cutting something totally out of ur life but rather starting a new lifestyle something u can do for the rest of ur life with the entire family. But when it comes to sweets its different story that's not something our bodies needs but I think its totally fine to have for special thing like holidays, birthdays, date night even if its date night at home. U guys should for sure try some soart of bet if that makes it more fun or easier but setting goal to build urself back up is always great. And if u eat a sweet on day u said u wouldn't maybe write down how u feel after. U will notice u don't feel good about urself like the other days when u didn't have one and slowely the positive feeling over takes and u naturally associate bad feeling with it and since women are emotional its good way to change a habit.
  • My hubby is the same way I was doin so good an he come home from work an in 2 weeks I gained 8 pounds so he's at work again so starting my diet again lol
  • @mrz_Jackson these damn men!!! Lol

@Jules thank you for your encouraging words :)
  • Selfish bloody men!! I would do anything for people I cared about!! I never smoked in my car when my bet friend was in the car or obviously my kids. And when I quit because I was pregnant, my loser x who loved me "to the moon and back" smoked in the car n told me to get over it. In my experience if you make a BIG deal over it and they love you and see how serious you are and how selfish it is, they will stop! Good luck xx
  • your welcome let me know how it goes getting started is never easy.
  • This could be an opportunity for you, there are plenty of healthy desserts you can make. It could be a bonding opportunity for you and your bf, making them together and taste testing them. Best of luck to you!
  • Oh man I am on te opposite side of your situation. All I eat is snacks and carbs and I'm ok with it and my husband is trying to lose weight and blames me for him not being able to make any progress. I always tell him if he wants to eat something else he can go out and get his own food or make his own dinner. I guess I'm not being very supportive and I could use to lose a few pounds as well and should start eating better for him.
  • @Lilliansmom yea idk about your husband but I have like no willpower sometimes. So just having it around is all the temptation I need lol.
  • He has been doing good but he still blames me in the first place! I do try sometimes to eat good for him but I love to eat so its hard. Haha

I hope he starts to at least understand and try to be supportive of your wanting to lose weight! Good luck!