help dental bf and meds

edited March 2013 in Babies Health
OK LADIES IM BREASTFEEDING AND ABOUT TO GET 3 TEETH PULLED OUT SOON THEY SAID THAT IM GONMNA BE TAKING TYLONE 3 AND AMOXIALLIN ANTIBIOTICS. DO U LADIES KNOW IF THIS IS OK I DID CALLED MY SON DR. BUT WAITING FOR THEM TO CALL ME BACK. HAS ANY ONE DONE THIS BEFORE KINDA WELL LIKE FEED BACK FAST CAUSE MY DENTAL WELL B CLOSING AND THEY NEED TO KNOW IF IM GONNA TAKE THOSE MEDS

Comments

• edited March 2013
    BY THE WAY I DID MAKE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT TO GET THE TEETH PULLED CAUSE I WASNT SURE ABOUT THE MEDS BUT THEY WANT ME TO TAKE A ANTIBIOTICS right now CAUSE I DO HAVE A INFECTION ON ONE TOOTH AND TYLENOL WELL B FOR PAIN LATER WHEN THEY DO TAKE A TOOTH OUT
  • You can take it just fine while breastfeeding.
  • both meds? ????? @captivated
  • Those are bothe very safe while breastfeeing she's right. They give that kind of antibiotic to little once all the time its very good one pretty mild. Plus by the time it goes through ur blood and the supply there won't be much to effect ur lo. Hope the procedure goes well for you. Good luck!
  • @captivated
    @jules
    thanks ladies also i did call my dr. they also said it was safe. im very much scared to pull my teeth out but it has to b done : ( ty ladies once again
  • Dental work is never fun well I like getting cleaning done but other then that not fun. It will be okay the pain medicine will help some.
  • I just had my wisdom teeth pulled 2 weeks ago and im almost 7 months pregnant. Antibiotics are definitely safe. I got amoxicillian. I was also prescribed Vicodin for pain. I assume its safe for breastfeeding if its safe for pregnancy. However just to be sure, I was prescribed percocet after my last c section while I was attempting to breastfeed so I know that's safe.
    Question- does your dentist/oral surgeon who is performing this not require a clearance letter from your o.b. explaining what is ok and what isn't? Both my dentist and surgeon did. My ob stated in a letter what numbing meds I could have, that I could not be 'put under' aka to sleep, that x rays were ok with the abdomen covered, what procedures were allowed, and what pain meds where ok.
    even if its not required ( and if a clearance letter is not required I would seriously re-consider this dentist office's protocol) get one! For your own peace of mind at least u will know if what they are giving u is ok or not.
  • @Jules to tell u the truth. i have never gotten a tooth pulled. and havent been to the dentist n a long time. when I'm done with all my teeth pulling gonna c how much a cleaning will cost I want to whiting my teeth also
  • @adriens_mommy percocet what's that after my c section they gave me vicodin also and I was bf. but if they said ur safe while prego then I should b safe also like u said cause u actually have a baby in u. BTW how was it ur experience taking out ur wisdom teeth
  • Oh I see well I had baby teeth pulled not adult once and I do cleaning twise a year so every 6 months and its not bad at all. It depends on the doc office as far as pricing and depending on ur insurance I know my old one covered good portion of it. But now I have to wait until june 1st to do anything since my hubby got new job but its ok cause they have amazing insurance I won't be paying much out of pocket.
  • It was really easy and quick, I have a post all about that particular experience I think u should read. Its "can I have my wisdom teeth pulled while pregnant" definitely go look at it and good luck :)
  • @jules gonna see later after I get my wrk done & c what's there prices
  • @adriens_mommy I did read urs at the beginning but haven't got to read the update. gonna check it out
  • edited March 2013
    BTW my wisdom teeth never seem to bother me or did my root canal but when I went in I said all my teeth hurt every time I eat or drike something boy they hurt I can't even eat any thing with Carmel OMG ill go crazy well when they did the xray he said I have no holes or any thing he only mention those 3 teeth he said those teeth could be causing the other teeth to hurt idk but I feel I'm being treated differently cause I only have medical but oh well ill just let him pull them out then go else where
  • Well hope u find place that works well for u!
  • @jules ty I'm scared to death waiting for my name to b called lol
  • it will be ok :) good luck!
  • @Roxy let me know what happens I hope they take care of your infected tooth first.
  • Good luck!
  • @adriens_mommy all done I think I had a lil panic attack with the numbness kick in I was scared lol he pulled the tooth out but it broke so a lil peace had to stay cause it was to hard to get out so he said it well come out of its own or if it gets lose ill go back and take it out
  • Im glad everything went well for u! One of mine broke too they told me it would either fall out on its own or my gums would heal over it and it would stay in forever. It was really small though. So did they just pull the wisdom teeth or did they take care of your root canal too?
  • @adriens_mommy yea small peace of my tooth stayed to. we just did one wisdom tooth today and next time well b the other wisdom and root canal
  • ^^^ I'm so hungry I'm scared to get food n my hole lol
  • Did they give u a syringe for flushing out the empty hole after eating? U can definitely eat and you should. Soft foods like yogurt and mashed potatoes. I didn't really follow the rules I was eating spicy chicken wings the next day lol. Just make sure u are flushing the area with water or salt water after every meal for at least a week or 2
  • @adriens_mommy no they didn't give me any thing. but I did eat smash potatos but was still hungry so ate fries and chicken nuggets lol the same day now today I'm eating pizza. lol when did u stop wearing the little wraps n ur mouth its so hard to eat with that in my mouth I took it out and last night I didn't know if to sleep with that n my mouth what if I chock but I did and woke up normal lol
  • I didn't get wraps in my mouth. They gave me some gauze right after to bite down on until the bleeding stopped, but nothing that I kept in for more than 3 hours
  • @adriens_mommy yea gauze I didn't know how to call him they gave me some of those
  • Oh ok well your only supposed to have them in there for a couple hours and be changing it out every 30 min until the gauze doesn't have any bright red blood on it. The more pressure u use (biting down) the quicker it will stop bleeding. This is what I was told from the dental assistant. Idk why they didn't give u a syringe to flush out food from collecting into the empty hole because everytime I did it food would come out that I did feel in there and I think that can cause an infection if it stays up in there.