Dang it sneeze pee!!!!!!

edited March 2013 in Postpartum Health
I hate sneezing and peeing my pants, even if its just a trickle, it's super irritating. My son is almost 18mo, I do my kegals everyday and yet I still pee my pants if I sneeze or cough really hard. Sorry it's just this has happened to me two days in a row and I'm very upset.

Comments

• You may be doing your kegals incorrectly and actually weakening your sphincter muscle. Also doing squats help tremendously. :)
  • Lol happens to me a lot! I found if I stand a certain way then it helps...but that's only if I can get into position before the sneeze...lol otherwise I am screwed!
  • edited March 2013
    That's not fun keep doing ur kegales I've never had this problem but everything went back to totally "original" really fast on its own. Maybe look it up on the right technique like the others were saying if u been doing them soo much maybe they are wrong or maybe ur body needs more time or different kind of exercise.
  • It never stopped for me after my first, he was a c section so my vag was never even compromised lol. Now im pregnant with #2 and its way way worse! Sorry this.probably doesn't help but I can sympathize! May I suggested panty liners and even bladder control or 'lightdays' pads when u know your going out for a long time lol its pathetic but saves yourself from wet undies
  • Oh girl I feel your pain. If someone even says the word pee I pee lmao. I really need to do kegels but I hate them!! Lol
  • Lol happens to me all the time hubby laughs at me cuz i cross my legs tryin not to pee
  • Thanks ladies, I knew I wasn't alone and I can't vent about this on Facebook lol!
  • You would be amazed at the fact that almost all women do kegels incorrectly. I'd recommend getting a referral to urology. They have physical therapy for stress incontinence and all of my patients that attended had complete success withit. There are many devices that are used to help strengthen your pelvic floor that are unavailable without seeing Pt.

One that is used is hooked up to a computer with electrodes (they don't shock) that measure the strength of your kegels on the monitor. It instructs you to hold for ten seconds, release, hold etc.

Another device is one that can be sent home that has a tiny plastic device that you insert in your vagina attached to a machine that also helps monitor and strengthen.

The physical therapist will do an evaluation to check which areas of your pelvic floor are weak and focus on those. I highly recommend this as it will completely cure your issue.