please dont judge... ? about puking at night...

edited March 2013 in Parenting
My son is 15 months... Was spitting up this evening turned to full blown puking. Now when I went to put him to bed he puked again, and all over his sheets. I changed him and all bedding and put him back to sleep. So I just went to go check on him... He has puked. But he's asleep. Its only on the sheet and he's moved to the other side of the crib. I've removed all chunkyness, ... Do I leave him to sleep, which he is soundly, or should I wake him to change the sheets???? Don't judge me seeing as I haven't immediately cleaned it up... Id hate to wake him up .....

Comments

• Is there a reason he is throwing up so much? Does he have the runs? I would keep your eyes on him but let him sleep.
  • No runs... It just started tonight. I have to assume just something didn't agree with his tummy... I'm glad you said let him sleep... I keep checking on him but id HATE to wake him for a deep sleep ...
  • I'd let him sleep, just put an old receiving blanket or a towel over the puke spot in case he moves around.
  • I would let him sleep, poor baby isn't feeling well so if he was finally able to sleep I wouldn't want to wake him.
  • I would put towel down but u have to be careful when they are sick like that and hope he doesn't throw up while on his back they can really chocke on it. Hope he gets better soon.
  • Let him sleep! Ur doing the right thing so DON'T feel bad. He's sick and the sleep will help.
  • Thank you ladies so much for the reassurance!!! He slept untill 9am as usual and didn't puke anymore... Gave him a bath a breakfast as usual and he seems like nothing ever happened! Guess he just needed to get something up!. Lol. Again thank you!
  • That's good! :)
  • Psh, just cover it! My son has peed in our bed during a night time diaper change and I just threw a towel over it and went back to sleep! No way am I doing laundry in the middle of the night :)