Suggestions needed

edited March 2013 in Breastfeeding
I'm trying to get my 9 month old to take formula while I'm not home...she was drinking it but she doesn't seem to interested in the similac advanced...I was wondering if anyone knew of a formula that's good for babies who are also breast fed

Comments

• No formula will compare to breast milk especially not in taste. Can you pump? When my friend was weaning her son from breast milk she used a type of formula called nido or nedo something like that. Its in the Hispanic section of grocery stores. She said it was a little sweeter but my son refused to take it when I tried. Can tell you mix breast milk and formula?
  • Did you find something that works? Hope you did!! My lo stopped drinking from a bottle at 12m so I had to ebf even more than before.
  • I would pump or mix breast milk and formula. When I weaned my youngest I had to mix them box he didn't like formula
  • I Would mix and slowly transition that's what I did with my daughter from gristmill to formula then to real milk she didn't even know :)
  • I used to mix in breastmilk but id add a drop or two of vanilla. I used the target brand of similac advanced. I gradually weaned him off of breastmilk and then off the vanilla
  • No I really haven't gotten her to drink it...I haven't tried mixing it yet tho