im so bummed out.......

so I found out my son is very high allergic to dairy I have to carry a syringe with me just in case. also he has allergies to dogs cats, mold, dust and grass. the Dr. said he can out grow these. and well test again next year. also since I'm still bf I'm no longer to have dairy. just like someone on here told me. this sucks I wish my baby didn't have to go threw this.

if anyone is going through this can you please tell me what foods do you give your baby and how do you give tofu to ur child they gave me tofu instead of cheese and I never ate tofu before so I don't know how my baby will eat it

also I just found out that I have no longer medical because my boyfriend income is too high I'm a stay at home mom so I don't work. also I have just went to the dentist last month and I don't even know if I'm going to get billed. I was supposed to get 2 more teeth pulled out this month and I don't even know how am I gonna do it now I should have just got that infection tooth pulled out first. I feel so stressed I don't understand why I have to be married to my boyfriend and order to be on his insurance. I also had appointment for a pap smear now I don't even have medical how I'm i gonna get that now ugh vent over

Comments

• I used to be vegan there is a company tuffuti they make soy milk eggs chesse sour cream and ice cream ...and all taste delicious ask ur grocery store
  • I used to give my lo tofu. You can smash it up & fry in a pan with onions, mushrooms, ham etc & it tastes like an omelet scramble. There's also recipes where you blend it with sweeteners & chocolate & it's sort of like pudding. Try googling some recipes. My son had many of those allergies & outgrew quite a few of them so there is hope.

I'm so sorry about the insurance, that is just crap! Don't they give you a month or two notice? Maybe there is a dentist that can make a payment plan? An infected tooth is serious & you can't let that go. I'm sorry!!
  • I'm so sorry your going through this. I had an infected tooth and its major pain. Get that fixed before it gets even worst
  • My son is allergic to dairy, soy and gluten.
    I've never bothered by with tofu so I can't help you there. You can try goats cheese if you really want to give him cheese. There are also other dairy free cheeses out there (I just can't recall what they are atm since I never used them)

I also nurse so I had to take those foods out of my diet. It's hard and overwhelming at first but it gets much easier just carry a list of hidden dairy names with you, you'll be constantly reading labels and dairy goes under a lot of different names.

There are a lot of foods he can eat, you'll just have to make the majority from scratch and eating out can be tricky. I just order fruits and steamed veggies for my son, stressing that he can't have dairy.

I avoid products that are made on equipment that comes into contact with dairy because I've had a few issues with cross contamination.

My son drinks coconut milk, I drink Almond milk, I also use almond milk when cooking and a recipe calls for milk. There is a Coconut milk brand that I use, SO, they also make coconut milk yogurt and ice cream. They are really good, they might take a little getting used to, but they don't taste horrible, just different and have the coconut flavor. So, thanks to the SO brand my son can have yogurt and I can get my ice cream.

Happy Family also makes a lot of food that are allergy free, like those freeze dried yogurt drops, they are made out of coconut milk and are really good and you can't really taste the coconut at all. They also make puffs that are dairy, gluten and soy free. They are made with rice flour.

Here is the cook book I use, the recipes are really easy! And pretty quick to make just a lot of prep involved with some when it comes to chopping up veggies and what not, I've made a lot from the book and have been very happy with each one.

The Healthy Gluten-Free Life
    Tammy Credicott

There are also tips in there on what to use for substitutes.

I know its very hard and overwhelming at first. I've been dairy, soy and gluten free for a year now. At the very beginning it was really tough, but now I've been able to adjust. It's still frustrating, especially now that he is older, restaurants can be difficult, I do miss eating out and meals take planning.

If you ever need support or have questions feel free to send me a message and I'll try to help as best as I can.

• I never had to deal with allergies but my cousins baby is allergic to antyhing and everything u can imagine like he couldn't even eat regular rice which I always thought was weird. I know it was hard for her at first but u will get hang of it sound like there are few on here who have experience and I know some stores have special sections and u can ask the workers and once u get routine it will be very normal to you. And the insurance thing is so frustrating I know many employers don't allow anyone on there unless married but sometimes u can get like legal domestic partnership if u don't want to get married and then he can add u on. Ask ur worker though I'm sure there are many others who been in ur shoes I mean technically before we were married my bf made a lot and I was told if we had different accounts then we were no longer tied together therefore I could continue being covered. But once we got married it was different story but its worth try just say hey his just my childs father they don't need to know details and that he doesn't pay for ur insurance which both u and baby need. I'm sorry I'm sure ur very overwhelmed right now that's a lot to deal with. Good luck just don't give up keep calling or go down to the office itself if its near were u live.
  • @Maddysmom16 Gd to know ty I went to the store and tryed to read some things wasn't a GD idea with a crying baby learned my lesson next time no kid lol
  • @Wilsomom GD idea gonna look up some recipes ty.

and I hope my dental well do a plan if not I'm stuck cause if I go else where there gonna want to get a xray which well cost more
  • @LittleFae once i start ready a label that says cheese milk or eggs I stop cause I know he can't have it. so what is hard to understand is u said goats cheese isn't that cheese in it just trying to understand.

it happened to my son already on the cross contamination I was eating eggs and French toast my son grabbed my fork and played with it and he had a allergic reaction on he's face were the fork touch that was something I didn't know crazy stuff but now since I can't have dairy that well never happen again

thank u so much for all the info and I well get that book once I get a chance wonder if there's a app I'm glad I have people on here that can help cause it would b a lot more harder I need to fine what actually foods r without dairy instead reading at the stores lables hope the store can help next time

ty so much
  • @jules every thing wow I should be glad then he's only to a little bit. I was thinking earlier that I need to stop being selfish cause there's mothers that have to deal with worst problems with there kids. so I'm trying to b down

the insurance part that's what I think I'm gonna do say he's just my baby's dad if that dnt work then gonna look for a low cost insurance idk its so frustrating ugh

but ty so much for all info
  • My lo drinks the SO Delicious coconut milk stuff
  • Ur welcome I really hope they can help u out just try be super nice not that ur not lol and then just explain the situation like its my babies father has nothing to do with how much money I personally have and I really need insurance and that u just don't understand how this works and just say so everyone who has a child with a man is not elligable? That's how I put it cause its true soo doesn't make sense u know. Ur two individuals not married therefore if he doesn't feel like giving u any money u don't have any right to it that's just reality.