with more on my plate........ things r just getting worst

I think I'm being curse

so my son is 17months and as he's growing I notice he's changing. he doesn't want to take baths any more I try and he kicks and crys I still take him a bath n the baby bathtub its the big white one he still fits in it we dnt have a bathtub that's y well any ways he crys and screams we try with daddy nope he crys also he use to b so good also he wont eat in he's high chair any more he does the same thing like trying to get him to bath he wins so when he eats on he's picnic table he makes a mess every were with food idk what to do its so frustrating ugh advice needed

also when he gets mad he kicks and while changing diper he kicks me also what's going on what I'm I not doing right please help

Comments

• Sounds like he's looking for some independence. Not having a bath tub could be the problem, but I'm assuming you have a shower, so you could try.letting him get clean in the shower. Or buy him a little toy to hold when you're washing him. You could even try changing the temperature...my daughter around 15 months started hating the bath, so we upped the temp by a few degrees and she was happy as a clam.

Also, could he be teething?? That could be why he's not eating. Or it could just be a stage unfortunately. Both my daughter & my god daughter became really picky eaters around 18 months. It happens. Just keep offering food, hell eat when hes hungry!

You could try changing him in a different place, or put say a picture up on the ceiling to distract him while you change him.

Hun, you're not doing anything wrong. Kids have phases, and they suck, but you'll get into the swing of it. Hang in there!!
  • Girl he is on an independence strike lol, my 1 year old doesnt eat if she doesn't feed her self , sometimes after I clean the house I want to feed her so she doesn't make a mess but she refuses to accept the spoon when is comming from me, she doesn't take a bath unless she's with her oldest sister, she doesn't even want to go to sleep on her time anymore either, in my opinion is just stage , and like all stages it should pass eventually . Lol my youngest one runs when she sees me with a new diaper at hand . Sometimes I have to chase her to change her .
  • Both my boys didnt like high chairs after about 15 months. I would let him pick out his own new booster seat to put at the kitchen table with everyone else, there safe with buckles and I would tell him that is where he now eats meals, and stick to it. If you don't make him stick to rules now it will only get harder.
  • I got a booster seat that attaches to the table chair. Jack uses that now and likes being at the table with us. Maybe you could try that? It was cheap at wal mart. As far as bath, I don't know how to help, my boys LOVE baths
  • Try to shower my son loves both
  • Maybe take the tray off the high chair and push it up to the table. Mine goes up and down to adjust height so it can be used at the table. As far as the bath. You could sponge bath once in a while to keep your sanity. It really is a phase
  • @natashalynn he's always has taken warm baths but today I did fill up wat I can from the shower and it made like a bath he was scared at first but I made bubbles and splash water around brought he's toys in and then he loved it

I do notice some teeth coming in the back he also has been biting us a lot

ty u so much for advice
  • @Janet_2011 I figured a stage ty for ur advice can get frustrating lol
  • @My2Boys GD idea and I'm trying with the rules but he gets me when he crys
  • @doodles OMG I think we have the same high chair mine does that too lol gonna try that tomorrow ty
  • Hey no prob!