so mad i feel steam pooring out my ears

Ok when I st started working for Bojangles my agreement was I would work whatever days except for Sundays. Since its my hubby's only day off. Guess what they schedule me for a freaking Sunday. I don't ask for alot of time off nor do I ask for my days to be kept together. Anywho I guess I'm going to be calling in. We made plans to go to the auto fair. There is one girl who has had the weekends off for almost a whole year. Another who had the past two Saturdays off. She may have next sat since its her sons bday. When. Do I get weekends off.... No but that's ok I wont be there Sunday I feel like I'm catching something.

Comments

• I hate that, so many places agree to your terms then ignore them after you're been on for a while knowing you'll probably just do it so you don't get fired. :(
  • Maybe they simply forgot? I would definitely remind them of the agreement if they do it again.
  • She didn't forget. The store manager is my husbands aunt. She is the one that makes the schedule. She also knows that's my hubby's only day off. @wilsomom @captivated
  • That's weird well I hope she just forgot and I would try just being nice about it and then saying I cannot work on sundays u know I'm available any other day I'm sorry. And see what she says. Good luck!
  • Maybe there was a reason tthey scheduled you even though you arent available. I would talk to them before getting to mad and doing something that could possibly affect your job.
  • When I worked at Petco when I was originally hired I said no Sundays cuz of church.... No problems. Then when I got married I had to move and transfer.... They knew full well what my schedule requirements were, they still fought me on it almost every week. Then I was promoted and transferred to a different store and they kept threatening me if I didn't work on Sunday. Told them to go ahead and fire me, not only was it agreed on when I first was hired into the company but it's also my rights as employee to be able to go to church. I hate when companies think they own you and can do whatever they want.
  • No company can force you to work Sundays
  • I would just straight tell them "I can't work Sundays as previously agreed" and just tell them you won't be going in. Because if you just call off they might give you another Sunday later on.
  • I used to do what @excitedforoctober said.
  • Like I'm even more pissed. I called in finally find my schedule out for this week. I requested of Thursday for doctors apt. And Saturday for my shower. This girl I work with has had the past two Saturdays of and has this saturday off too. Yea I realize her son first bday is sat. Its not like we don't have enough ppl to cover mine and her spot. Grrr @perly @excitedforoctober.
  • Oh I thought u were trying to avoid working on Sunday? So they not giving u Sunday offfff
  • Icalled in today. I got Sunday off next week. I asked for time off and didn't get it. I'm pretty easy going don't ask for much time off like some at my work. She didn't give me at least one of my day. I requested my apt as soon as I found out 2weeks in advance.. My shower was almost month in advance. @Jules
  • Well at least next Sunday is off and u have the other days u need right. I remember at this one job I worked at I was told that sometimes on the schedule people will be on call as back ups in case there was a lot of new products coming in well I got called in all the time without my name even being on the schedule I got soo upset one time cause that's when I was dating my hubby and we were literally pulling out of his drive way to go to the beach and I was telling them how I wasn't on call today and all I got pretty much was too bad and since I was new I didn't really have room to say much. I feel like there are a lot of managers who take advantage of people.