child suppt

edited April 2013 in Single moms
My bby dad hasnt made no payment my daughter is 18 months n she never even met her sperm dad! It gets to me i call every month to attorney general n all they say theysent out notices but still nooo luck! Anyone kno how i can push this to move foward

Comments

• File an order of contempt in county court. That's about all you can do. Sucks
  • Do you go through child support enforcement? Like @doodles said, you will have to file a show cause motion in your court.
  • @doodles and @captivated theyre right my daughter's father is a real piece of work
  • Do i go through the court to set up appointment or child suport
  • You can start with child support enforcement. They will tell you your options and you can go from there. Sometimes they aren't real helpful so from there you can file in your county court at the clerks office.
  • If u have a case already u can just call them and say you want to file a contempt and youll go to court
  • And depending on what state your in ams how much back-support you are now owed, he can be arrested for owing u that much
  • They can issue a warrant, but they won't actively seek him out to arrest him usually. He will just have a warrant and usually get arrested and caught for simple violations such as traffic. They will also suspend his drivers license when he getstoo far behind. Do you already have an order for CS?
  • Im in texas he only owes around 3000 witchi don't think is enough to put in jail hes not working thstthst i know of i called cs n sent out a letter to put enforcement havent heard nothinh yet
  • Unfortunately there is nothing they will do but to suspend his license and eventually set a warrant for non payment. They don't actively search for these people because there are far too many and just not enough resources. Your best bet is to file a motion in court, but even then he still will probably not pay. It is a sucky system. One day it will catch upto him!