I'm gonna go crazy!

edited April 2013 in Ages & Stages
I don't understand why my 10 month old daughter is getting to act so ridiculous...she used to cry and such when it came to the separation stuff which I understand is normal and I had no problem with cause the time she played on her own or with her sister was greater than the time she spent scratched to me but now it's getting worse...she's crying or screaming at me probably almost 80% of the day...it's really getting to me...I wish I had a sitter so I could just drop her off and have some time to get myself together but I don't...I'm almost In tears sometimes cause I'm so frustrated...idk what to do to make it stop or get better...any advice would be greatly appreciated. My first was nothing like this but she wasn't breastfed like my second lo...

Comments

• When its time to play, set some toys around her and let her play with the toys while you sit near by (the first couple of times, try sitting right next to her but let her play on her own). Slowly start moving away until she gets used to having some alone time. Once you have that down, allow her to have alone time for a certain period of time daily so that she can feel secure with and without you. I know its hard to hear them cry. Hopefully this or something will work for you :)
  • Thanks @perly it definitely gonna take some time. As of right now she starts crying as soon as I move to put her down and continues to cry even if I don't move
  • Try sitting on the couch with her and then move her off your lap and set her next to you. Play with her just a little so she can get an idea of what you're both doing and once she starts playing on her own, turn on the tv or something and don't interact with her. Basically start off together and slowly start "fading" away from her environment. Its gonna be a few days before you're able to set her down and actually sit at a distance from her, but you can do it as long as you stick to it. If she cries when you sit her next to you, don't carry her again. Get her attention by playing with her toys and showing her its play time.
  • Could something possibly be bothering her? Like teething or an ear infection?