medical help

so I have a lil problem when I had medical I got my teeth worked on and then my medical has been taking away well I'm due for my dental appointment today and I'm going does any one know if theyll check before seeing me if I have insurance? I'm hoping that theyll see me and bill me threw mail

Comments

• I have no idea sorry
  • ^^^^its ok
  • Yes they usually check your insurance eligibility prior to your appointment, whether it be that day or prior. Each office is different some are willing to work with you regarding billing and payments. I worked in the dental field for five years.
  • I hope you can get the work done if they do check. It's real important plus I know you're feeling down & that wouldn't help. I'll say extra prayers for you.
  • @Wilsomom
    @Jessibear
    well they checked and i couldn't get any thing done. they said for what I need which is my teeth getting pulled out they dnt do payment plays and for each tooth to get pulled is $143 so I need both so it well b $286 cash well I dnt have that kind of $ so now I have to see if I can find another dental place or find some insurance ugh
  • Oh no, maybe try an urgent dental or something. I hope you find something fast.
  • Yeah figured sorry, I would look and see if there is an office that does some type of payment plan or something. Most insurances you buy for yourself have a waiting period for certain treatments.
  • Yes they check insurance when you check in :(
  • Oh I'm sorry I just saw your update :( that is likely going to be the rate at any office. Most offices will not bill because people simply don't pay.
  • @Wilsomom that sounds pricey lol
    @Jessibear yea im gonna look nto it
    @captivated i figuered that but there is one more place i might check

all comes to worse my dad knows a dental guy and ill see if we can do a plan he did work for free for my sister so well see
  • My husband just had a tooth pulled. There is a dentistry that drives all around NC helping ppl that can't afford the dentist. He had one tooth pulled it was free. They also do fill ins. But you only get to choose one procedure. He said he going to find out its next location he needs one more tooth pulled. Then he can start on the fill ins.
  • Yeah I was just thinking they might do a sliding scale fee like hospitals do, but probably not. :(

@stephforever89 That's really neat, I've never heard of that.
  • Yea its a bus that drives all around NC pulling and filling teeth.Oof course no major dental work nor cleaning. But they do give u insight on what needs to be fixed. @wilsomom
  • I worked at a dental office that did sliding fee, it was great if you had no insurance. They are just slim to none depending on the area.
  • @Jessibear sliding fee what's that
  • Do you you have any dental school around your area? I heard they do work for less money cuz their students. Where do you live?
  • @2ndtimearound California n a lil town idk if I would let students wrk on my teeth
  • I know....I don't think I could either but I use to refer my clients to a school in orange county, ca. I never heard from them after because they were the ones that were denied calworks. So I'm not sure how their experience was. Back then I was an intake social worker for calworks, now I work for Children & Family Services. They recently had free dental work offered in my area that I had fliers for. I'm not sure what county you live in but some calworks offices have resource centers with social workers that work in there they may know of low cost dentist. Also in the oc we have resource centers at some local parks, they might be able to help, but you said a lol town so maybe not.
  • @roxy its a program that goes off of income for people that dont have insurance. Depending on your income you would get a percentage off your work up to 75 %. Most dental offices that I have seen do sliding fee are offices that take medi cal or arent private practice, more like clinics. I see your in California, not sure if you have a western dental around you but im pretty sure they do payment plans.
  • There's nothing wrong with letting students work on your teeth. When I was in hygiene school we had a free clinic, that's how we got our patients. You have to complete a certain amount of hours practicing on each other before they let you work on live patients. I'm in CA too and UCLA, USC, UOP and UCSF all have really good dental schools. If you're near any of those places you should look into it.