tired of this! :(

So I've been seeing a social worker about some (mental health) issues that I've been dealing with. I've seen her maybe 6-7 times so far. Well she makes this snide a** comments about my weight a lot. Not all the time but more than what needs to be. Like I've said in the past, I know I'm no skinny minny.

**I understand I need to lose some weight. (I would like to lose at least 50 pounds) But I work out at least 4-5 days a week and sometimes 2 times a day at that in order to lose it. And I've been working on it for quite some time. So yeah I like to think I'm in pretty good shape** Like one time I was talking about something and she goes on about how much losing weight can help me. I told her that I agreed. And she goes on about having 2 babies and that I need to lose that baby weight. Um, yeah considering I've lost that "baby weight" a long time ago and I told her that, that now I'm working on losing my "depression weight" (as I like to call it) all my weight that I gained from being depressed and going through a miscarriage before I had my kids. Then she goes to tell me that my husband is overweight too. Um, yeah I know that. We both are working on it together. Then she asks me if I was that overweight when he met me. Like wow, whatever. Fast forward to today and we were talking about some other place and she asks the address, I tell her I don't know the streets, I know its by a sonic. Her: Sonic?! One of your bad habits? Then later on in the session she again says something about my weight. I'm just getting tired of dealing with peoples comments and now dealing with health "professionals" and their comments about my weight. Yeah I know so just lay off me about it! It just has me feeling pretty self conscious right now. :(

Comments

• I would tell her she is not professional and you aren't talking to her for weight problems and I would go to someone else.
  • That doesn't sound very professional to me. I mean yeah, I can understand her maybe asking you about it once or trying to support you in your efforts, but it doesn't sound like she's going about it the right way, especially if that's not why you're there in the first place. The Sonic comment was down right rude!
  • I agree there's difference between being supportive and rude. IM sorry I hope things get better!
  • If she keeps bringing up your weight, then she's really not being any help at all. Weight gain is something that can increase depression, and constant nagging about it isn't going to help you to deal with the depression or the weight loss. You need to seek help somewhere else.
  • You need to point this out to her in a respectful way so that she can really hear you, although if it were me i'd feel like telling her she's a bitch. Chances are if she's making you feel this way she's probably doing this to other clients. Maybe you can get through to her and she will become more aware of how her "help" is coming off.
  • I would probably *not* see a social worker for your mental health issues. They're not trained as psycholgists/psychistrists/counselors are...and you'd 99.9% not hear that condescending crap from them. That is not her place to make you feel bad. If you have medicaid you can see a counselor and a psychiatrist for free, jst have to find them.
  • Sorry my phone stopped working. Unless there's a reason to have to keep seeing this lady, I would not. You don't need to be trting to get help only to be degraded in your therapy session. gl
  • I agree with @mam082711 a social worker usually isn't trained for that. You'd want a therapist or psychiatrist. Psychiatrists are usually a wait so a therapist can help. They can't prescribe medication but they are helpful. I went to one right after I had my one yr old and it helped alot!
  • Thanks @everyone

Yeah @wilsonmom and @perly I think I'm in decent shape I can run forever and not even be winded. I could probably eat better but I'm for sure not running to fast food every night. I might have it maybe once every 2 wks.
  • I understand. I think you should stop seeing that social worker and find yourself a new one. You have enough on your shoulders trying to reach your ideal weight, you don't need anyone else putting pressure on you. Your body is going to move at its own pace, not anyone else's.
  • Report her...it's abuse. She's supoose to help h ou and instead is doing the exact opposite. Go to her higher ups and tell them if they don't do something about it you'll take it higher and so forth. Thats bs!