does teething cause tugging at ears?

edited April 2013 in Pregnant
So Levi had had a rough few nights. And was tugging at his ears yesterday. Well we made an appt thinking its ear infection. Well I just noticed he's got his first tooth coming I felt and saw a small white bump!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    It can. My oldest has always tugged at her ears when she gets a new tooth
  • Yep. A dr will tell u that teething doesn't cause earaches and a dentist will tell u it is because the only time that happens is when bacteria is introduced to the breaking gum area causing slight fevers, ear aches, and tummy aches with diarrhea. But, have u ever had a toothache or something swollen in ur mouth and it makes ur ears hurt? I have. Just be sure that u are keeping his mouth extremely clean after eating and often in between.
  • It does for my son.
    I just put some soothing garlic oil in his ears. And during our monthly chiro visit, she makes sure to check his ears and focus on them to help with the aching.
  • @LittleFae
    Do you make your own garlic oil?? Ive been struggling with a bad ear for about a week..was just reading aboit garlic oil in the ear, but am unsure how exactly to do it...any advice?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You can make your own if you have olive oil and garlic cloves on hand. There are directions on the Web. You pretty much crush some cloves and put other in the oil whole and use a whole bulb of garlic. You pour olive oil in like a cake pan and then in the oven on a pretty low temp foe a couple hours.

I just buy some from the health food store. It also has other herbs to help with the pain