At what age...CRAZY UPDATE IN COMMENTS

2»

Comments

• My mom let me be alone with the door closed if other teens were there too but if i was alone with a boy then the door had to be open. I think I'm going to use the same rule with my baby girl
  • @perly I agree it always depends on the kid. I kept a3.5 average or higher all through high school with some college level classes and worked 20 hours a week. Side note i have decided my kids will not work until they are 18. I know parents that wish to have a kid like I was. I ended up leaving at 17 right after graduating (it didn't take a month).
  • @candy101 anyone would like to have a kid like the one you were lol. My mom would always tell me "you are not a baby anymore. I've thought you right from wrong and my job is done. You know better, and I trust that I've done a good job." Heck she still tells me the same thing to this day.
    That's life. You teach your kids right from wrong and hope that they learned.
  • @perly You got that right!
  • I never had a rule, never talked about anything listed above with my parents. I had one BF from 9-12 grade. We first had sex the end of 9th grade, right before I turned 15. If he has sex on the brain it's going to happen one way or another. But like many ppl said you have many other kids to interrupt such an act. But the more you disagree with it the more he is probably going to rebel and want to do it.
  • My oldest son is 15 anx occasionally i let him & his gf watch a movie in his room with lights on, sitting up, with the door open. His room is across from mine so i can easily peek on them & give my "looks" as needed. I talk to them about choices & i believe they're on the right path to be responsible young adults
  • So I've been locking up the guest house when his gf comes over. (that's where his bedroom is) Last night she was here & he also had a guy friend over so I left it unlocked. We've been talking a lot more openly lately & I thought with the friend over it would be ok. 15 minutes after we got home from picking his friend up me & my 11 year old daughter went over to the guest house & freaking walked in on them having sex!!! They had the guy friend go outside. Wow. I had her dad come pick her up & told him what happened. I tried not to freak out, but at the same time let him know how disappointed I was that they disrespected my wishes, especially after giving him some trust with leaving the door unlocked.
  • edited May 2013
    Omg I'm so sorry. However I will tell you if they want to do it, they are going to no matter where they are. Unlocked door or not. I just hope he was being smart enough to use protection. What did the girls dad say?
  • I'm sorry that sucks. It's only natural to freak out I would have I mean yes they will find a way but that doesn't mean u have to just stand around and do nothing. It's great u called her dad had her picked up he needs to understand how disrespectful it is stupid for him and u have other children who don't need to know what's going on. Therefore he shouldn't be doing it.
  • Wow! That is so disrespectful. Way to go on calling her dad! I would have done the same thing.
    If he wants to act like a grown up and have sex, then he needs to do the grown up thing and find a hotel room to do it in.