how do you keep your relationships fresh?

edited April 2013 in Relationships
My boyfriend and I are starting to get in the same old, same old kind of days. I'm just happy being around him but I want to surprise him with something different. What are some ideas to keep things fun and new, spice things up, etc. I don't exactly have anyone to babysit so it's hard to have time for ourselves other than when they go to bed.

Comments

• Well IM not sure what your routine is like and I know what u mean about not being able to go out exactly. So besides fact that I got easy to ease husband lol I like to change it up with food. Like there are certain things I make all the time so from time to time I do something way different and include appetizer, enter, desert. And I'll buy some wine or something. Now these things don't have to be expensive there are many things out there that are yummy yet easy to make which usually means not a lot of ingredients which saves money. And sometimes we do like pedicure nights I have one those foot spas which I had before him and I used it one time he ended up living it and his nowhere near girly guy. I did that while we watched movie that way he and I can relax but still interact you know. Oh and my hubby did this for me but I know guy would love it too. He made me coupon book. So it has like messages in there, play games, foot rub, watching girly movie, do anything once too. All the things I like and just pull it out anytime and he does it. U can make one with things he and u both like just small one. And we also really like to cook together especially if it's desert my hubby is all over that. These at all simple things but keep you connected. This last weekend we had my aunt watch our daughter while we took the bikes out to cool place and road them to cute sandwich shop had fun lunch together.We also have game nights sometimes we just play few of our favorites. And of course I have done the whole laungery thing couple times with other fun things. But to be honest although we are sexual it really isn't as fun as other things. Cause it is kinda expected when ur trying spice things up. It was fun though. If u need anything else let me know. I really believe in keeping things fun for good healthy relationship is important!
  • For us I go to sex toy parties and buy new things to try. They have massage oils...edible lotions. It helps bc he takes his time with the massage... And then I use stuff on him. It has helped so much:) also it helps if you maybe "do yourself" before he comes in...usually after your first orgasm its easier to have a second
  • @jules, I like the little coupon book idea, I think that would be cute. I've been trying the cooking thing lately.. I'm just not a very good chef so it's a work in progress! Haha.

Our sex life is great so I'm not worried about thay aspect yet. I probably should have worded my post better, lol. I just miss the cutesy, like, when you first start dating phase. The flirty and appretiation kind of things since we can't really go out anymore. (:
  • If you make him lunches for work, write him a note. Or even give him foot rubs after a long day. Surprise him with his favorite dinner. Even just giving him a big hug and telling him how much you love and appreciate him can do so much to bring back the lovey dovey phase.
  • Communication has done it for me. My life is pretty much a routine too, but I always ask to see how his day went. We have dinner together and afterwards we sit for a little and sometimes I hug him and kiss him, some days I just joke around with him and sometimes we do our own thing (like I'll watch TV and he listens to music on the computer). I still always try to cook something different for him and I try to be all lovey dovey with him most of the time. I know it might sound like a pain, but if you get in the routine of telling him you love him a few times a day everyday, he will automatically feel loved and appreciated because you took the time to actually say it.

These are all things that have kept my marriage alive aside from the sex.
  • Ya lol that's why I don't bother with the sex ideas our has always been just fine. But that's why I focus on the cute stuff. I do make my hubby lunch and sometimes it's just snacks for work and every once in while I'll text him my note cause he wouldn't see an actual note lol. But the coupons are my favorite!!! And like I said make them things you two don't normally do. And don't give up on cooking practice makes perfect sometimes that's why we make new things together the first time in case mess up no one to blame lol :) plus it's fun.
  • Maybe add in game night or movie night. I'm not really sure what ur routine is. My hubby works a lot so when he is off we are usually always at home just spending time together. We have a PS3 and we buy games we can play together like monopoly. We can play for hours on that game trying to beat each other. Or we pick a movie to rent and watch it. We never have a sitter either so we are home a lot. But he usually takes us all out for dinner 1 night he is off. We usually pick a restaurant that has a play area for our kids and enjoy a drink to relax us since I'm a sahm and he is used to working 70-100 hrs a week.