do yall know what grinds my gears

When ppl ask to much for used clothes baby/toddler clothes. Seriously they were probably gave to you and they were probably NEW. There is no reason someone should be asking 3 dollars for used outfit. 1dollar from onesies. Ugh come on ppl lol. Sorry had to vent.

Comments

• I don't think that those prices are to unreasonable. You should assume they didn't pay for the clothes themselves either. When I had Ollie 99% of the things I had I bought. I didn't have a shower.
  • And considering the onesie/outfit cost $5/ $10 or more new...$3/$1 used (as long as its in good shape and stain free) is way cheap!
  • When my son was born my mil picked up trash bag full of clothes at yardsale for like 5bucks. I'm looking on Craigslist there just too overpriced
  • I never sell used clothes for much. A trashbag of almost new baby clothes, I have put on craigslist for $10-20 dollars! In my opinion, the majority of people on their way overprice their baby items. It is insane.
  • edited April 2013
    I really don't mind paying $3 for a USED ..but in excellent condition outfit.
    Sometimes people need money to get there kids new clothes. idk
    if clothes are given to me I usually pass in to someone else or don't.
  • $1 for a onesie isn't bad in my opinion
  • I buy all of my kids clothes, I do not have anyone to buy them for us. That being said I hit final clearance sales to get outfits for 3-4 bucks a piece and yes I will sell them for 2-3 dollars each. It is not easy to keep toddler clothes looking good.
  • @Captivated tell me about it. This one lady was asking 130 for 54 outfits. While I was waiting for email back I was thinking 20 bucks.
  • That is only paying a little over $2 for each outfit. Sometimes you pay $10 for a shirt and $10 for pants. I never really bother with used clothes unless someone I know is just giving them to me. I buy my kids each a couple nice outfits and then just buy play clothes at walmart, you can get new tshirts for $2.50. It also depends on the types of clothes and brand for how much they are selling for.
  • You should check clearance online for walmart target and even childrens place has really cheap clearance and free shipping sometimes.
  • 54 outfits for $20???? That's kinda crazy...Some people invest a lot of money in their children's clothes. Not everyone is just gonna give them away. A pack of 3 onesies is like $7-9 so $1 a piece is more than reasonable.
  • And really, what's the difference between wanting decent money for what you're selling and wanting to pay a decent price?? Both sides want a good deal so you should understand.
  • If I were buy $200 worth of 18 m outfits that got worn a couple times I'd want at least $130 for the bag. And I'd have no problem paying $130 for a bag of clothes in great shape. If you want cheap clothes you're gonna get what you pay for. Just my thoughts
  • I agree..you get what you pay for. Clothes that cheap are probably not in good condition
  • I get passed a lot of clothes for my son and daughter. When were done with them we pass them to the next person! I never sell them... some people can't afford new clothes every few months and our little clothes circle we have going on works perfect!
  • The only people I give away clothes to is close friends otherwise you bet I am gonna charge competitive prices with say, Once Upon a Child. I had to pay for them so what I make when I sell them goes right back to getting my daughter's current size
  • I would never spend $130 on a bag of used clothes! For that price, I can buy a wardrobe for my child. Lol. I shop where there are deals. I bought my daughter three pairs of shoes (Steve madden) and ger whole summer wardrobe for $120 :)
  • I can't help being bargain shopper.... Its in my blood lol! There somethings you don't buy cheap nor used. That's cleaniing supplies,some appliances,toiletries, I personally don't by used shoes. But discounted yes lol. @captivated
  • I bargain shop also. I find around march every year sears and kmart clearance winter cloths so I buy everything for the next winter. My son is tall so I bought 2&3t for him enough of both sizes considering we need pants into april and everything I will need for emily when she gets here. I paid 3.75 per outfit or 5.75 if they had matching vests or sweaters some had two polo shirts n pants. I never dry there clothes so the sizing stays true n they don't fade as much plus I learned the hard way not to dry his clothes. I will sell his clothes competitive with once upon a child maybe comes close to breaking even. Thats is part of my job as a sham to save my family as much as possible.
  • Yea that's good for new clothes. But their is no way Im paying 3bucks for used unless its namebrand. I love Kmart. They always have good deals. I know awhile back there shoes were buy 1get 1free you can't beat that lol. @candy101
  • I have been raised on yard sales and used clothe and love a good bargain but if its in great condition ill pay a little extra...when I have a yard sale its 50 cents per onsie and single items and adollar an out fit anything I want more I hang up...
  • I like your thinking! See that's my idea on paying for used onesie and outfits. Plus if u have 50¢and $1 yardsale your more app to make little more money, its fast cash,not alot of leftovers. @erkiehadagirl
  • Agreed I've sold stuff worth a lot to people you could tell need it but I've also sold and bought things that cost more because of brands or yoh can tell they've never been worn....my last yard sale I sold all my tables for 100 bucks (3) and sold all the clothes hangin made 200 just off 9-18 month clothing
  • I am not really into name brands plenty if time for that later. The only thing we buy that is name brand are their shoes. I spent about 70 bucks on shoes the other day and the look My mother gave me.lol you would have thought Iwas doing something bad to him. I would sale onsies for .75-1.00 depending on the brand and if I used it. We had a lot of them that never even got washed he out grew them before I knew it. Thats back when I was still going by sizes. Also the last few hours of a sale all you have to do is get cheap with left overs.

I don't pay three dollars for used either, y would I u can get new for that.