sick..

edited April 2013 in Babies Health
I took my lo to Dr Fri for cough, congestion, sneezing, runny nose no fever he said virus.. however she does have another ear infection (she always gets an ear infection when she has a runny nose) tonight she has a terrible cough and really congested she's having a hard time sleeping because of coughing so much... he did give her omnicef for ear infection, any suggestions?? We've tried hot steamy bathroom, walking outside, she's had meds. Thanks!!

Comments

• Sounds EXACTLY like my daughter, always gets ear infections with her runny nose since she was 3 months old and had to get ear tubes for having that happen 6 times in her first 6 months of life... and she currently has the exact same symptoms as your little one. It is a nasty virus, she has had it for a couple weeks now but has gotten better. I use a humidifier every night and "hotbox" her in a sense, get her room really steamy and close the bedroom door to help. Works wonders for mine, and just wait it out....all you can do. They also have those vicks vapor bath bombs (you can make them at home). I have never used them but heard good things about them. Good luck and good health to your little one!
  • @meliz1187 thank u!! She does also have tubes and still getting infections... we are using a humidifier in her room!! I really appreciate your advice!! Good luck to u and your lo too!! :)
  • edited April 2013
    Does your lo still get ear infections with runny nose now after tubes? @meliz1187
  • IM sorry she's not feeling well I was going to ask about tubes as well my step daughter had them put in as baby she got them bad. We never had problem with her ears after the doc didn't say anything about that? Poor thing. Honestly sounds like ur doing wonderful job and everything u can. Have u tried Benadryl before. They have children kind don't get the D , just regular helps my daughter when she had bad runny nose andhad hard time sleeping. I'll be praying for her.
  • @0811 yes she does but only her left ear. We use cipro drops directly in the ear and that takes care of it so we can avoid oral antibiotics. She tends to only get them the first 6 months or so of the year and then she is good (once cold/flu season passes).
  • All you can do is use the humidifier and keep her elevated for that cold. Baby vicks vapor rub on the chest and back helps too.
  • edited April 2013
    Its usually only our left one too!! But we haven't done drops only oral because he said that its so thick that drops would not get all the way in there??? But I'm not sure about time frames she had them done 11/12 and we have had 4 so far since early Feb... it will be interesting to see. Thank u!!

• @monkey_ girl thank u :) gonna try Vicks tonight weve been doing the humidifier...