Being over weight and preggo :(

edited April 2013 in Pregnant
Ok so background on me, I've never been a skinny Minnie but I've always been thin. I'm 5'5" used to be 145lbs and used to wear a size 6-8. When I started school in 2010 I weighed 150lbs. Then, half way through school, I got gregnant with my son in 2011 I was 170lbs. By the time I gave birth I was 204lbs :( So now, I just found out I'm 7wks preggo and I weigh 185, my Dr told me I was a little heavier than she would like at the start of this pregnancy so to watch my weight gain. I'm so sad because I don't want to get over 200lbs. How do you not gain weight during pregnancy? I don't want to be a big fat pig :( Do any of you ladies have any advice?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    No advice momma...the only thing I can say is to just eat healthy and exercise. Being on the heavier side might work in your favor to not gain too much. I think the recommended amount for overweight is 15-20 pounds. I am 37 weeks and I gained more this time around than my first pregnancy..not happy about it, but what's done is done and I will just have my work cut out for me for after.
  • edited April 2013
    I was overweight when I got pregnant too, and my midwife basically told me, whatever junk I decide to eat will not benefit the baby and it will just sit elsewhere on my body. Well boy was that true. It took me almost 2 years to lose the weight I gained because it was all extra from eating poorly my whole pregnancy. I also quit exercising around 20 wks because my Braxton hicks were so bad and that didn't help. I only gained 22 lbs but I didn't lose much of it right away. That's how I knew it wasn't just baby weight lol. I'm finally 10 lbs less than pre pregnancy weight and my goal is to lose at least 20 more lbs BEFORE I get pregnant again. If I got preggo now I'd be nervous like you, but I would definitely do things differently!! Good luck :)
  • I. Am overweight and am almost 5 months pregnant. Before pregnancy weight I was 195 now I am 206. Not happy that I am over 200 but I knew it would happen.I am.just getting a normal diet. walking occasionally. I gained about of weight with my first because I also quit smoking.
  • Just eat healthy and stay active. Im 5ft and i was 185 before i got pregnant. Im 37wks now and i weigh 200. I really have my work cut out for me after the baby is here, but oh well lol.
  • Eat very healthy and walk a lot try a clean diet. Look up clean eating while pregnant.
  • Thanks ladies, I'm just so down about being this big and hearing the Dr say it was just the final straw.
  • As my doctor says "we're not in the 1900's." Lol! Exercise a lot and eat normal. There is a pregly on here that said she lost weight by healthy dieting and exercise and she's pregnant. Not sure who? If go back enough I'm sure you can find her post. :)
  • I weighed 211 when I got pregnant with my first and weighed 238 by the end of it. I weighed 210 when I got pregnant with my second and weighed 226 by the end of it. I did more walking with my second pregnancy and really paid attention to whether or not I was hungry when I went to eat something. if I was hungry I ate, if I wasn't hungry I'd fight my urge to eat cause I knew it was just boredom eating. over-eating, boredom eating, and emotional eating are major issues for me, so it's just got to be a day at a time.
    I'm still struggling with it all but I have been working out since I've been able to and counting calories and as of today I weigh 198. still a LONG way to go, but like I said, one day at a time.
    you're not alone!!!
    good luck and we are all here for you if you need support!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.