Going in to visit my son...

edited May 2013 in Parenting
In detention. First time I've ever visited anyone in jail. He's being stupid, but I still love him!

Comments

• Good luck! Hope goes well :)
  • I'm waiting in the parking lot for half an hour bc if you're late they don't let you in & I don't want to chance it.
  • How did it go?
  • edited May 2013
    @Ourlittlenugget It was a little awkward, but nice to see him & talk. I got to hug him & tell him I love him. He still completely denies the charges & the sad thing is when I'm with him I believe him, but when I get somewhere else & think with my brain I realize he's just lying. :(
  • That's very hard. It's like the mother side of u just wants to protect that's why you naturally believe. Then your wisdom kicks in and u remember and know the truth and he needs this although it sucks it's true.
  • @jules Exactly. Even his own attorney said speaking as a parent he needs to be there right now.
  • Well I'm sure that helps u little knowing another parent would be doing the same. This isn't your fault he is doing this to himself and sooner he realizes that the better for him.
  • Hey just checking in. Wondering how you and your family are doing. I think about you guys a lot.Hoping no news is good news Xoxo
  • @natashalynn Things are going a little better for the moment. My 17 year old (not the one in jdc) bought me a gift for no reason today (he said it wasn't for mother's day lol) and it just made me cry! We did a family therapy session the other day & it was good. I think we're starting to understand each other a little better. There's still a lot of work, but it's getting there. :)
    Now his younger brother, idk. He's still in big time denial about his problems so maybe being in detention for these few weeks will work on him. Thanks for thinking of me! :)
  • I didn't know u did family session that's great idea. And soo nice he got u something it's almost like it's healthier for him to not have his brothers influence around ha?