blood pressure little bit high????

edited May 2013 in Health
The doctor said my blood pressure was little high. They had me little freaked out. Made me lay back for about 15 mins. It was 147/83 I believe. I have small headache but I figured it was from my cold. Just wonder what is high what's not.

Comments

• Well your first number is little high not too much u want it no more then 120. You're second number is fine. For example my blood pressure is always low my hubby just measured it couple days ago his paramedic so we have all that stuff at home. But it was 98/64 something in the 90s and 60s I might be tinny off don't remember the exact number. IM sure he will do it again at next appointment see if it happens again. I wouldn't worry about until u get another high number.
  • Should I wait until next week apt or check it before then. I have a blood pressure machine I know there not as accurate.
  • Well if u have one u can check but it won't hurt to wait. Like I said I wouldn't stress until the doc got another high one and urs isn't crazy high at all.
  • edited May 2013
    Oh k I'm trying not to stress. I seen a different doctor this week. My doctor wasn't available this week. Next week I will be back on track. @jules
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So even pregnant. K should I check it tonight. @homebirthadvocate
  • Yea, either number being over 140/90 is high..so for example your top number is high, but the lower number is ok. Did it come down after you rested for 15 min?
  • No they had me freaked out lol. Its came down since then 130/83. Thats from my BP machine. I'm going to make some changes to my diet. @lilpeapod913
  • Honestly you just sound like my mom he blood pressure always went up right while testing cause she gets nervous or something. IM glad ur not stressing over it yet being responsible. I would just wait untilnext appointment it might have been miscalculation. But if it's still high next week then u already know you have to watch what u eat that's very good of you. Most people don't care.
  • So is mine low if its 97/55. Is that why I have been having horrible headaches and some swelling?
  • @heather3girls1boy well mine has always been low partly cause I'm small and I've always been healthy and very active but with u if it's u think it's causing you headaches and such u should ask ur doc about it. I always tell myself better safe then sorry.
  • I have an appt tuesday, I was trying to wait till then. Lol I eat really healthy foods 98% of the time. I think it's just between me being close to the end 3 weeks 5 days left and allergys from the hot clod weather. However the last few days not only have I had persist headaches but swelling in my ankles and feet. I do just all around feel pretty uncomfortable and yucky.
  • K I've checked it twice today. 128/80 something 123/ 60 something. I've had headache but I think it's from a stressful work day and I've had a issues with hubby's employer since he got paid last Friday. But things are starting to workout. @homebirthadvocate
  • No not yet this was my first time ever during this pregnancy my bP was up. He did ask with my last if my BP went up with. I told him not until I was in labor. @homeborthadvocate. I have another appt Friday. So we shall see.
  • edited May 2013
    K thanks for the advice. The doctors def put a little scare in me. I've cut my salt intake down since my apt. No More season fries from Bojangles:(. Do u happen to know if tea has alot of sodium?I stop drinking soda about week and half ago. Now only drink tea, water. @homebirthadvocate