Hand, foot and mouth disease

edited May 2013 in Babies Health
My son got hand foot and mouth disease from daycare :( Poor guy is so miserable. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• Oh poor kiddo!! We got it last year around this time! It was sooooooo miserable! I hope he feels better SOON. Not much u can do for it. It just has to run it's course. :(
  • Omg so sorry! We had it last year and even I got it!!! Which is pretty rare. was absolutely miserable. Hope he feels better soon!
  • My son had it last year and the doctor told us to give him Motrin and Benadryl. It was a rough time. Hope he gets better quick.
  • Thanks guys, our Dr told us to do the Motrin and benedryl too. My poor baby is miserable and I can't make him better :(
  • My son had it last year. We didn't even realize it til it was about gone. I ended up getting it as well and was miserable! He definitely took it a lot better than I!
  • What are the symptoms?
  • The symptoms are fever and rashy red bumps on the hands, feet and mouth.
  • My daughter got it last august. It is horrible! She didn't get it too bad but I got it! My hands and feet felt like when your hands and feel fall asleep. Felt like this for 2 weeks! hurt like hell and then once that feeling went away my skin on my hands and feel peeled off. Makenzie only had about 10 red spots on her hand and feet.
  • Oh and don't freak out if ur child's finger nails fall off a little while after it goes away. 2 out of 3 of my girls had their nails kinda peel off. It was maybe 3-5 weeks later. It really is a crappy illness. :(
  • All my older kids had it when they were little, it's horrible. My daughter ended up being hospitalized because she wouldn't drink anything & got severely dehydrated & got a bladder infection. Try to keep him as hydrated as possible...popsicles, jello, anything he'll take.
  • Wow! Thanks for the heads up ladies. The Dr said he had them in the back of his throat too. She tested for strep but it came back negative. He is still drinking fluids but does not want to eat. I've been giving him pediasure to help him keep up calories.