ultrasound ?

When did you have your first ultrasoung at? With my son my first was for the gendee but I didn't see a dr till 14 weeks with him.
What will they do at my first appt? I will be 6 weeks when I go.

Comments

• With both my pregnancies I had ultrasounds at 5-6wks
  • The mini interview urine test blood pressure check weight check blood drawn and they will probably give you an appointment for ultrasound to determine how far are you ...
  • With my daughter my first was 4 weeks 5 days she looked like little bean. And they just do blood pressure, weight, blood test, urine test which must check every time you come in, and some doc will have you sit down with the nurse and go over all the family history. But sometimes that's seperate appointment.
  • My first appointment was at 7 wks and i had an ultrasound, blood work, i had to leave a urine sample (i actually have to do that at every appointment) and i had a pap smear to check for any abnormalities.
  • I hope I can hear heart beat or see my bean :)
  • With my first I had one by choice at 16 wks but clinic only woulve done it at 20 wks with my second I had it at 6 wks to rule out ectopic
  • @jules oh wow that early!!!! My doctors don't take for ultrasound untill you are 7 to 8 weeks !!!!!
  • @2girls_boy I think that's pretty normal I guess my doc just wanted to check hope far along I was for sure maybe partly bc I have epilepsy so technically considered high risk so I'm thinking that was part of the reason. But my friend had same doc with her girls and she had early ultrasound too.
  • @jules that a nice doctor lol .... my mom has epilepsy so yeah totally high risk ..... and I tell you why I say it during her first pregnancy in mothers day she was rushed to get my grandma before she left the house so she was going down the steps and boom she started to have a epilepsy atack and fall all the way down the steps needless to say say miscarriage the baby
  • @2girls_1boy oh no I'm sorry that she went though that. Does she have them pretty regularly?I don't worry too much about my personal case since I get one like every two years I'm kinda lucky that my medicine is super low and I have safest one out there and it works great for me probably helps that I'm young and healthy and small so don't need much medicine at all. I'm hoping I have safe pregnancy like I did with my first it's all in Gods hands.
  • @jules for some reason she was having it a lot during her pregnancies ..... and she had her first seizure at 6months old now she's on her 50s and has medication 3 pills 3 times a day also one of them its making her no to gain weight and she's currently 6 ft tall and 90 pounds !! Sucks I wish you a safe pregnancy!
  • @22girls_1boy that's very normal to have more while pregnant my last one was while I was pregnant with my daughter is because the later in pregnancy u get the more blood supply baby needs so the medicine is more diluted throught the entire body so technically its like having a dosage cut in half that's why some doc raise it during pregnancy if someone has terrible history like seizures like once month. In my case I've only had seizure if I ran out of medicine thanks to my old doc being stupid and also if I forget to take any over period of 24 hours then its pretty much out of my system. And as far as the weight thing sounds like my case I lost some weight when I got on it at 17 and have never been able to gain. I gained some with my daughter while pregnant but not as much as they wanted me to. And as soon as I had her I lost everything plus 10 more pounds which put me at 80 pounds which I've been trying gain weight like crazy before we were ttc with this baby and nothing. Now im 10 weeks pregnant and still nothing. I'm not seeing my doc until June 3rd bc of our new insurance not kicked in yet. And I'm not looking forward to the weigh lecture I don't think they understand that I'm trying it's my body and medication so it really stresses me out and I feel bad my hubby even bought me weight gainer shacks to have along side my meals.
  • I had an ultrasound at six weeks due to bleeding but every appointment since then the dr has done one in the room. I had gender ultrasound at 18 w 4days.
  • @jules 22girls_1boy lol I would be death you made my night lol .... well I know people will die for not gaining weight but its not that nice when you arein the situation!!!
  • @2girls_1boy lol sorry didn't notice that hehe. Yes I agree it's not healthy for some to not have the extra weigh thank God in my case I'm very short so I'm ok, and as long as I don't get any smaller which I've stayed same weight for 17 months. I'm confused last part what's not nice? Am I being mean? Hope I didn't miss something...
  • @jules no I said the some people would think that not gaining weight its nice but in reality is not healthy or nice for the people that's going thru it (not a nice situation if you want to gain weight and you can't) lol not you
  • @2girls_1boy oh yes! I know what u mean like I'll talk to people about different things I've tried and all they say is eat more, eat hamburger, or try healthy rich in fat foods. And like oh ya that must be problem being sarcastic of course. It's just rude bc I've tried everything and keep trying and if im opening up that's not time to be rude I need support just like those who are struggling to lose weight. I want to be healthy and be around as long as possible for my kids. And I wouldn't mind few curves look more womanly and my age rather then like 12 year olds.
  • edited May 2013
    With my first pregnancy around 8-9wks but I wound up miscarrying after finding g out it was a fetal demise. My second pregnancy I begged and begged to give me one sooner. I got one around 6wks. With my third i was 9-10 wks along but I also didn't know when i got pregnant so they thought I was only going to be 7-8 wks along at that appointment
  • My first appt want until I was farther along. I got a pap, and just routine things. When he checked I was measuring like 2 weeks smaller then my period (which was expected my cycles were long) so because of that he let me schedule an ultra sound. Some Drs don't even do an us until the 20 week one!