high fever

edited May 2013 in Babies Health
My 20 month old has had a fever for 3 days, it's gotten as. High as 104.3. That was Saturday, so I took her to the ER. They couldn't find any infection so they sent us home. She's alternating btw Tylenol & Motrin, and it gets the fever down to 102 but every time it starts to wear off it climbs back up to almost 104 again. I'm gonna call for an appt with pediatrician today, but I was wondering if I should wait another day to see if its fossils.

Also, she has no other symptoms...what should I do?

Comments

• That would really worry me. :( So they checked for different types of flu? Ear infection? Strep? UTI? Poor baby :(
  • Fossils? I typed roseola, how did fossils get there.

@excitedforoctober They checked her ears, throat, urine...nothing. I'm very worried because the internet says some things like meningitis, cancer autoimmune disease ...I shouldn't read the internet.
  • Yeah stay away from the internet, its scary!

Roseola is a big possibility, my son had that once and he ended up getting a seizure due to the high fever :(
  • My son used to get unexplained fevers as a baby. One was 104.7. He's fine now.
  • @steph_due_101611. Did you take him to the Dr, & they couldn't find anything wrong?
  • Sound scary! Hope she gets to feeling better quick!!
  • It could be if it is after 3 to 4 days the fever should go away then they get the red spots for few days and they go away. My daughter had it besides the fever which we controlled she was fine.
  • @jules at this point I'm hoping that's what it is, at least nothing serious.