My son's final trial is in less than an hour & I'm nervous!

Idk if I'll have to say anything or not.

Comments

• Hope it all went well.
  • Good luck! Hope goed well and keep us updated and they will give u heads up if they need to to speak I don't think they will just do it on the spot and u always have the option so if your not comfortable then don't.
  • @wilsomom stop commenting on other people's post and update yours! Lol hope everything went well :-D
  • @Kimberly4411 Are you stalking me? Lol I was just going down the list.

I did have to talk & I just told the truth & said I was concerned about him sneaking out at night & that he had stated to some friends that he wanted to get high after he got off probation. I said he was doing better at home during the day & he was improving his grades. A couple of other people talked & gave their opinions like his probation officer & his coordinated care counselor from school. He also had to talk since he was pleading guilty.

His sentence was gps house arrest, 20 hours community service, a program called SOAR which deals with anger mgt, drug counseling & self esteem, & probation with weekly drug tests. The length of the gps & probation will depend on his behavior & how long it takes to do his community service.

He was a bit angry with what I said, which I expected, but the sentence wasn't as bad as it could have been.

• Well sounds like he doesn't have it to bad. 20 hours is gonna go by fast and he should be thankful they are letting him be home on house arrest rather then stay there. But that isn't cheap I hope he has a way pay for it and those classes and programs all add up. I feel bad cause your the one who has to take him and pay this stuff. But really hope after the classes be has positive results!
  • @jules luckily the classes are free. He does have to pay a $65 court fee though. And I just found out today that I can ask the courts to pay the gps fees due to our current situation with my hubby being out of work at the moment. I hope that works out. I think he got off fair, not too harsh but not just a slap on the wrist either. Hopefully he'll do well on the probatio.
  • Maybe I am! Lol I was keeping my eye on this post. I'm too lazy to comment lol
  • That's good! Hopefully they can help out with the gps too! And $65 is noting for court frees that's great news. Hopefully he sees now that as long as he follows the rules it will all be done for good and he can have his normal young life back. If he keeps complaining about what he did get you should make him watch the documentary on Russia top two prisons he will be soo shocked. My hubby and I watched it since I'm Russian we were curios. There was young man in prison for 3 years for being caught with transporting drug. And he was supposed to be in there longer but was allowed out early on parol for good behavior. So it was gonna be 5 years. And they go through the facility itself and explain what a day is like soo different then in America. It makes our prison here look like luxury living.
  • @jules I'll have to check that movie out. I'm so frustrated at him for not wanting to change. He said he's going to be smoking (cigarettes) before & after school & he doesn't care what they say & if I tell his probation officer then "I'll see what kind of person you really are". Well we aren't allowed to smoke here because of our landlord & he throws it in my face that I smoked when I was a teenager. Ugh.
  • @wilsomom don't allow him to talk to you like that. Tell him that you will tell his probation officer, because you are the kind of person that worries and cares about her children. If he is so sick and tired of having a caring parent, then tough! You weren't born to please other people, and you are definitely not going to cover you eyes and pretend like he's an angel just to please him. You are the adult in the house and what you say goes. He's already in trouble as it is, if he doesn't want to follow the rules then that's fine, but you do not have to stand there and play pretend just because he wants things his way. There are consequences to his actions and you as the parent have to make sure the he gets reprimanded every time he decides to break the rules.

Im sorry if i sound harsh, but i have a very low tolerance for disrespectful kids. You are such a wonderful mother and person and you do not deserve all this crap he's giving you. He needs to get his act together.
  • @perly I do tell him that, but it goes in one ear & out the other. I have a meeting with his probation officer Monday & I'll tell it all just like it is. I'm so sick of his crap & not wanting to change. I stay strong in front of him most of the time, it's when I go to my room or am alone in the car that I break down. I felt like I was going looney today over stupid stuff bc of all the stress I'm under right now.
  • Like i said hunn, you are a wonderful person and an excellent mother. Don't let his negative attitude affect you. Do what you have to do as a parent and don't pay attention to his temper tantrums, because that's all that is. Focus on your other son that really does need you now, your husband that needs to get better and everything else that actually needs your time.
  • I agree don't let him talk to you like that. I would tell his pribatio officer and when he has problem say I may have smoked as teen but I am not an adult and your mother and it's my job to make sure you follow the rules. When u are an adult andno longer live under my roof and not under myhealth insurance u can do what u want. But now this is my house my rules and your the child. And me smocking never lead me to be a criminal. He needs to hear some harsh words be needs to understand that you're great mother and his the one messing up his life. I would say go ahead and try to smoke and u will see what happens. Right now sounds like he thinks he runs the house and your the child which is not the case. Tell him if he ever disrespects u and talks to u like that again he can just go back if he prefers to be in juvi
  • @perly @jules Thank you guys! I'm sooooo tired! Lol
  • I'm can't imagine I would be tired of it all on top of being pregnant tired. I'm sorry :(
  • Finally found something lol I was looking for an update! I'm sorry hun. If this gets him the help he needs it will be a great thing. You did everything you could hun!! You are an amazing woman!! :-) Keep your head up girl...it only gets better from here ♥
  • @wilsomom yep...forgot the tag lol again
  • @CristinaLynn Thank you!! I needed that! :)
  • How'd it go??
  • @natashalynn I explained it all on the 4th comment down. Lol It's going good so far though. We met his po today & he explained how everything works. Basically he has to walk a very fine line until he's off probation.
  • Sorry I meant how did the meeting with his probation officer go for you.
  • I'm glad its going well so far though! Is he staying out of trouble?
  • @natashalynn Oh sorry lol! So far he's staying out of trouble, let's hope it stays that way!
  • No need to apologize. I was sneaking on at work, and didn't realize you wouldn't be able to read my mind as to what I was talking about haha. I'm glad he's doing well. How's your other son doing??
  • @natashalynn he's doing much better, I can see a huge improvement in his mood & energy since he's been on the meds for a few weeks now. I'm just worried about him wanting to go to his dad's for the summer in 2 weeks. He's 12 hours away & I'm not sure he understands the seriousness of everything. But, we're working with his counselors about it & maybe his dad will even have a meeting with them. Thanks for asking! :)