question about colposcopy

edited May 2013 in Health
I had a colposcopy an she clipped off 3 peices to send for a biopsy . I've had like a drop of discharge an no spotting at all . Is it normal not to have discharge or spotting afterwards ?

@captivated
@HomeBirthAdvocate

Comments

• edited May 2013
    They usually put a ointment on your cervix that may look like coffee grounds which helps with the flitting. It may be from that or you may just be lucky and not be a bleeder :)
  • @kayleigh27 thanks! She took 3 an that scares me that seems like a lot to me :(
  • Was it painful?
  • @ExcitedForOctober it wasn't at all for me .
  • I had three spots too! Just be glad you dont have to deal with bleeding and icky stuff. :-)
  • @doodles wat were ur results ? My pap results was only ascus but I'm scared about them taking 3!!
  • I had severe dysplasia. The Dr questioned an actual cancer but did the leep and all has been clear since then
  • @doodles wat did ur pap show ?
  • I can't remember :-\
  • @doodles o OK my dr is thinking mine will be mild dysplasia at the most I sure hope she's rite I'm sooo terrified an depressed over it im waiting for my zoloft to kick in lol
  • They will take a few as they need to check the whole area. One would only show what was going on in that immediate area if you get what I mean so please dont worry about that! I hope you gwt your results quickly and they are all ok x
  • @littlenat86 yea I understand I guess I was just hoping they wouldn't find anythang lol
  • I understand the depression. I was freaked out bad! The main reason I don't remember the pap results lol. But, rest assured, cervical cancer is the most treatable cancer when all preventative care is done. Just relax and stay on top of it.... my pap results had the word squamous in it.
  • @doodles yes I'm soo freaked ! It makes me worry that it raises my chances of getting cancer wen I get older I shulda asked the dr about that
  • I thought the same thing. BUT.. if yours is caused by HPV, the HPV can actually go away or lay dormant. So if it does end up being cancerous cells (which I doubt it will) its possible the virus will go away and reduce the chance of further problems.
  • Well the good thing is they are being thorough! I am sure you will be fine sweetie x
  • edited May 2013
    @doodles yea she sed I had hpv. I asked her wat the worst she thinks it would be an she sed mild dysplasia an she doesnt want to do any treatment just see if it goes away but I just them gone I don't wanna wait lol!

@littlenat86 thank you :)
  • I just had a leep down in November with severe dysplasia and the procedure itself wasn't as bad. I had a new pap in feb and I'm normal again. Don't stress so much Hun. I know I know easier said than done. But as one said before cervical cancer is very preventable with all the care. Breathe and I promise it will all work out. Goodluck
  • @novmom2be that's great they got it taken care of. Yes its very hard not to worry . Did u have a ascus result on ur pap to ?
  • Do you get your results soon?
  • Okay, I hate the waiting! Praying for good results though.
  • @Wilsomom I hate waiting to but I'm so scared of the results I kinda wish I had to wait longer lol
  • I had one done when I was 17wks preg... because of an abnormal pap and testing positive for hpv. Everything actually came back fine, and after I had my daughter the did another pap and everything came back normal. I hope everything comes back good for you.
  • @stillsuprised that's great ! I really hope I get the same results. Wat was ur pap result ? Did u get a biopsy also?
  • I don't remember the specifics, because it was over 2 yrs ago (my peanut is 20mos).But I know the pap I had, had abnormal cells and my ob was concerned about pre-cancerous cells. I know they did do a biopsy, and everything came back fine. They did another pap after I had my daughter at my 6wks check and the HPV wasgone too.
  • @Stillsuprised that's great hope I'm that lucky ! Ready for this to be over with so stressful
  • yeah it was horrible waiting. Hopefully you find out soon. @mrz_jackson
  • @Stillsuprised I find out Monday I want the results then again I don't lol