What makes your eyes...

...so dilated that you barely see the color? I know drugs is suspect, anything else? My son's (with the mental problems) eyes get so dilated, especially at night, that it looks just evil. It was happening before he started the anti depressants & anti psychotics. He does dip a lot & exercise a lot if that might be related.

Comments

• Anything speed related- adderall, meth, amphetamines, ecstasy, mdma/Molly .

Also some phsych meds.

Dilated and constricted pupils occur from opiates.
  • @captivated I highly suspect adderall or some kind of adhd meds. Is there any way to test for that?
  • Also, would that cause hand tremors?
  • Adderall can cause tremors especially. In someone who doesn't have adhd cause it acutallyhas the oopposite effect instead if calming it more like a speed.
  • I take adder all 2 times a day and it doesn't do that to me! But then again I have adhd so it's prescribed!
  • Does your son have light colored eyes?
  • Yes it definitely does. Back when I was using them, my eyes were incredibly dilated and major hand shakes. Addy will show up in a regular 5 panel drug test as amphetamine.
  • @monkey_girl yes, they're light blue
  • My husbands and my daughters get like that at night or when really tired. Theirs are yellow green. People with light eyes have really sensitive eyes. Research it.
  • @monkey_girl I'll def look into that, it's possible...my worry is that it always seems to happen after visiting with his friends who all take it & he's been asking me for a year to get him adhd meds, but his current psychiatrist says he doesn't even have adhd. As his mom, I'm always hoping the best though.
  • Well your first instinct is usually Right. If he is taking medication that isnt for him that could be the reason why he's experiencing crazy side effects. Call his doctor and tell them that you suspect that he's been taking other meds. He might not even be schizophrenic.
  • @monkey_girl Yeah I'm wondering the same thing. A lot of the symptoms are similar. I see his psychiatrist friday at 10 so I'll be asking lots of questions.
  • Hope all goes well. :)