Please keep Levi in your thoughts! UPDATE

edited May 2013 in Health
Monday Levi thru up his breakfast. Again at supper time. We gave him a bath. I cuddled him for awhile after. Took his temp 104! Scary shit. Brought him to urgent care where it then only read 101.7. They gave him Tylenol and it went back to normal. They did a chest xray which didn't reveal much. But he was put on an antibiotic to take care of whatever is brewing.
So yesterday morningge was acting happy giggling laughing. He was fussy when I got home. He hadn't eaten solids for 24 hrs. Anyway he went to bed. At 1030 he woke up just scorching so I gave him Tylenol. Well hewoke back up at 11. I bright him in my room and laid him next to me, acting not himself. I put a cold rag on him and took his temp. Under arm read 103.6 so to the ER we went. Got there 1135 even after an hr of being on Tylenol his fever was at 104.7. we left at 2am he was acting normal... They gave him Motrin at 1230. They are doing a urine culture and hubby is bringing him in for a follow up today! Because ge was on the antibiotic she said a blood test would not work so well.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers! Hoping this doesn't happen again tonight!

** hubby brought him for a follow up yesterday. They did blood work, they said the white blood cells were low which they expect with a virus. Also his iron is low but formula should help with that. He will get blood drawn again at his 1 year appt in a month so hopefully that goes to normal. (he said it was only a tiny but under normal)

Last might he had a 100.2 fever so we are doing good. Dr said sometimes this fever thing will spike at night time like with Levi. Just needs to run it's course and he us already seeming better! Thank God. Still not back into solids but he's doing fluids so theysaid not to worry!

Comments

• Poor baby, I forgot who it was but someone else on here posted a few days ago of her daughter having high fevers but they couldn't find an infection. This happened to my son and I am pretty sure he had roseola because 3 days after the high fevers he broke out in a rash on his back and chest. I hope he gets better soon, he will be in my thoughts! I know how worrying it is.
  • Sending prayers your way. Demand blood test. A disease that's always misread is "Kawasaki disease", most common in children.
  • Hope they find out what's wrong and he gets better soon!
  • @excitedforoctober I'll be watching for a rash!
    @monkey_girl I'll have my hubby tell them that. Last night the Dr said the blood test being that he had antibiotics in him that can cause many more false positives for things.
    @sands3 thanks me too! I just feel his misery. So sad. Hubby and I are supposed to have a dinner & hotel night tomorrow night... Has been planned for a month! Might not happen now! However my husbands mom is the one who is planning to watch him and she is a nurse so that's nice.
  • Well that's good. She'll know what to do if his fever spikes up again. I hope y'all get to go enjoy a night alone!
  • @excitedforoctober I just noticed a rash around his neck/chest. We are at apple bees right now but I'll check more at home. The blood test came out negative for anything. What happened with Roseola
  • My daughter had roseola they have fever for few days then it starts going away and they get a rash but it's very light pink and doesn't itch at all. Then after that she was back to normal. The rash was there for few days as well. We too her to the ER because nothing was helping with the fever and all test were normal. They did give us antibiotic but once my sister told me it looks like roseola she's doc I stopped giving them to her. Hopefully your lo feels better very soon!
  • I posted about this last week & ended up being Roseola. I was so thankful when I saw the rash cuz I was worried it might be something more serious. Hope your lo feels better soon. My daughter's rash was gone in 3 days.